free hit
counters
Now the throttle cable has broken... - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Now the throttle cable has broken...

Wondered why it was slack - just taken the throttle jack off and the adjusting thread for the throttle is split in 2.

Basically the cable sits agains the braket and a thread with ahole down it is there to adjust the tension - it's only thin and split in 2 so whilst it still works somewhat it's not ideal and there's no real tension there.

Can't get the cable out - comes along about 12" then stops dead, it has a bobble fixed to the end of the cable there which I don't think is going through the outer sheath. Cant take it off the throttle body side becuase of end bar....any suggestions ? I can make a new adjuster tomorrow on the lathe but I can't get the cable out to get the new one (and the nuts, very important) back on...

Seeing SJ do a spare at

facebook = [email protected]

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wondered why it was slack - just taken the throttle jack off and the adjusting thread for the throttle is split in 2.

Basically the cable sits agains the braket and a thread with ahole down it is there to adjust the tension - it's only thin and split in 2 so whilst it still works somewhat it's not ideal and there's no real tension there.

Can't get the cable out - comes along about 12" then stops dead, it has a bobble fixed to the end of the cable there which I don't think is going through the outer sheath. Cant take it off the throttle body side becuase of end bar....any suggestions ? I can make a new adjuster tomorrow on the lathe but I can't get the cable out to get the new one (and the nuts, very important) back on...

Seeing SJ do a spare at

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

LOL I am going to dedicate this car to you for all the help :unsure:

We just tried it and it wont move past this point (see attachment)

There is something stopping it before it gets to the clamp under the carpet.

I'll give it anther go later, did you replace the part like this or gt a whole new throttle cable assembly ?

post-9-1156784399.jpg

facebook = [email protected]

LOL I am going to dedicate this car to you for all the help :unsure:

We just tried it and it wont move past this point (see attachment)

There is something stopping it before it gets to the clamp under the carpet.

I'll give it anther go later, did you replace the part like this or gt a whole new throttle cable assembly ?

Your RHD is quite a bit different than my LHD assembly. I bought the whole cable assembly (comes with new black sheath. You cannot remove the cable from the black sheath. You must remove the cable and sheath together through the guide tube. Did you undo #67 & #68 first?

BTW, tie a string to it to pull the new cable through.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album