free hit
counters
Boston Bombs - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Here we go again.Shocking awful acts of violence.

130415160320-boston-marathon-explosion-0

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats worse is that this is mainly an event where the thousands that participate, do so to help others :(

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

It might not be the Christian thing to say but I have sort of a biblical plus philosophy for terrorists: "two eyes for an eye". I'd like to see them tied down to the ground and slowly steamrollered. (none of this death by lethal injection that let's them go off to sleep painlessly (unlike their victims). I also think a lot of terrorists pretend to do it for a cause, but they are actually just evil sickies (beyond rehabilitation).

Just my $.02

Edited by comem47

Hate to say it Bob, but I'm with you. Some sort of punishment where the inevitability of their death is the last thing they see and hear.

Life in jail is obviously not a sufficient deterrent.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I'd like to see them tied down to the ground and slowly steamrollered. (none of this death by lethal injection that let's them go off to sleep painlessly (unlike their victims).

I've always said "that Bob is just TOO soft"  :lol:

On a more serious note these terrorists who call themselves Islamists are a bunch of losers who will never win & soon be forgotten forever. 

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Is this not another single lunatic with a penchant for pipe bombs? They seem to be increasing in number of late unfortunately...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On a more serious note these terrorists who call themselves Islamists are a bunch of losers who will never win & soon be forgotten forever. 

Have they said this was Islamists?

I have a feeling this one is a US home grown citizen. Extremist events are generally a lot nastier than this.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

I personally have no interest in what color, creed, religion, background, upbringing, ect ect these evil fuckwits have had. Proper punishment not Prison is the only way to rid the planet of this extremist cancer that unfortunately exists in today's society. America HAS got it right with Death Penalty sentences for certain crimes unlike the UK. This is not a knee jerk reaction to the latest atrocities, but a mindset based on the number of evil, sad pathetic excuses for people still left breathing the air that they extinguished from so many of their unfortunate victims.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I disagree, Ian.  The death penalty doesn't seem to have stopped murders and violent crime at all.

Of course, the main deterrent is the fear of getting caught.  Whatever the punishment is doesn't matter if you're never going to get to be convicted.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

The month may be significant....19th April Patriot Day when the Oklahoma Bombings happened (although precisely what is patriotic about blowing up your fellow citizens eludes me) and that crazy "1000-year Reich !-OK, 12 years and total destruction might have to do instead"  guy Hitler`s birthday, 20th April ?

The news reports it seems to be a pressure cooked packed with ball bearings, nails and gunpowder, as per the Anarchists Cookbook in the 70's and some Islamic magazine a few years back. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The month may be significant....19th April Patriot Day when the Oklahoma Bombings happened (although precisely what is patriotic about blowing up your fellow citizens eludes me) and that crazy "1000-year Reich !-OK, 12 years and total destruction might have to do instead"  guy Hitler`s birthday, 20th April ?

FWIW, the Oklahoma City bombing date was tied to anti-government retribution for the "Waco siege" on April 19th, 1993.

I disagree, Ian.  The death penalty doesn't seem to have stopped murders and violent crime at all.

That's not really the point I was trying to make Trev. Well aware it doesn't stop it happening and it'll never stop it happening. But punishment surely must be final in certain circumstances when caught and convicted - but like you say 'if' caught and convicted.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Of course, the death penalty is no deterrent to suicide bombers.

All these calls for vengeful punishment of whomever did this bothers me.  It could well be someone taking revenge on some perceived injustice by Americans that did this so his or her motives are not so far from those saying the perpetrator(s) should be painfully punished.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

No news on the "cause" yet?

I do not believe that the media help, at the moment far too much infamy is created.  Unless it is a manhunt, then they should keep to a small grainy photo, and put the name of the offender in the third paragraph.  We create infamy for monsters

They still don't know who did it but they have said they have CCTV of someone putting one of the devices down. They weren't suicide bombers which may point more towards home grown extremists than Islamic or some other.

All I can say is that it's terrible and I hope they are brought to justice quickly and the full weight of the law thrown at them.

You know what? If they are home grown I think that the death penalty isn't the way to go. Put them in a normal high security prison and let all the other inmates know that they are an traitor who plants bombs and kills kids and women. That should do it.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

All these calls for vengeful punishment of whomever did this bothers me.  It could well be someone taking revenge on some perceived injustice by Americans that did this so his or her motives are not so far from those saying the perpetrator(s) should be painfully punished.

There are instantaneous crimes of passion in one circle and then again there are well planned out premeditated evil sadists who plan to kill/injure/ maim in the worst way they can and enjoy it. The latter deserve biblical plus punishment(death) if proven guilty beyond doubt IMHO. Sorry ,but I can't be "Christian" in my feelings in the face of such evil. The families of the victims need not fear they will ever get out and many find closure knowing that particular source of evil is permanently removed from the world.

^spot on!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

2nd suspect just been arrested.

I have to respectfully disagree Trevor.

The vengeful punishment we are saying should occur, is against one/or more individual/s who has/have caused a lot of misery and injury to innocent people. If the person/s has a beef with Americans for some reason, leave the country and go back home to their own country. If they are a US citizen, use the legal system to right whatever wrong they perceive has been done to them.

The world does not need these types of people. period.

Our, well mine anyway, motives are too punish the guilty and only them.

In no way are you going to convince me that it is acceptable for these person/s to inflict revenge on innocent bystanders such as an 8 year old and the rest of his family.

In my mind, there is no justification that can support that thought.

547835_10152289661140752_1761532337_n.jp

Evora NA

I agree with Trevor, the danger of the State  assuming the collective moral right of "taking revenge" is that it can lead to a vicious cycle of revenge for the revenge for the revenge...the State should stand above individual morality and apply the law-a different thing.

Apart from that, let`s hope the right people get convicted and punished for these atrocities. 

The State is not assuming the collective moral right if the State has a death penalty and the person is found guilty by a jury of their peers.

Are they?