free hit
counters
What has happened to the Evora GTE? - Page 22 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What has happened to the Evora GTE?

DAV1D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 4 months later...

Anyone on here? :D

The Evora GTE is tucked in for its last few nights with us before it heads home with its new owner. Don't worry, you're not going far...

Posted by

Murray Lotus

on 

Sunday, 24 January 2016
  • Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 24 January 2016 at 18:53, Bibs said:

Anyone on here? :D

All will be revealed on Sunday 7th at the LEGS Breakfast meet at Murray Lotus.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

OK - please just put this down as pure ignorance from a Colonial  ..... but with only 20 GTEs in the world, and none on this side of the pond, can someone either tell me, or direct me, to what are the differences that make a GTE?  Obviously, it's wider and different than a Mansory body kit.   Big wing in the back, centre locking hubs and unique wheels, 440 HP engine, new vents in the hood (bonnet), air vents around the wheel wells, fairings around the engine and engine bay air intakes, side skirts, and a unique sequential gear box.  Have I missed anything?   Was there a typical or standard interior?  Is the suspension/ set-up different?

Man I love these cars .... still more special than the 400, and even those aren't in North America yet!

Thanks for your patience ....

Edited by aerobat
Forgot to list a known difference

Thanks for your reply Simon.   Certainly a very attractive looking car!

They were rebuilt from prototype status using the stock Evora S drivetrain and, for the most part, the Sports Racer interior. Some, including mine were then tuned from Komotec to 430 HP.

Front suspension has custom wishbones for a wider track, the rear track widened through custom rims. There are actually very many differences to the stock Evora S both exterior and interior, including a high percentage of carbon parts.

You can find them all on the registry:  https://www.lotusregister.com Oh, and 50% of the owners are here on TLF!

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

3 hours ago, aerobat said:

OK - please just put this down as pure ignorance from a Colonial  ..... but with only 20 GTEs in the world, and none on this side of the pond, can someone either tell me, or direct me, to what are the differences that make a GTE?  Obviously, it's wider and different than a Mansory body kit.   Big wing in the back, centre locking hubs and unique wheels, 440 HP engine, new vents in the hood (bonnet), air vents around the wheel wells, fairings around the engine and engine bay air intakes, side skirts, and a unique sequential gear box.  Have I missed anything?   Was there a typical or standard interior?  Is the suspension/ set-up different?

Man I love these cars .... still more special than the 400, and even those aren't in North America yet!

Thanks for your patience ....

To be crystal clear - there are two different Boy kits from Mansory, different width / parts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@the83man that is of course :Pno typo just the combined Expression for Slim Boy racer kit, wide Boy racer kit and Body kit in General......:cry:....concerning the prices a "Boy" titulation might be the wrong expression anyway.....B-)

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2016 at 08:51, TBD said:

They were rebuilt from prototype status using the stock Evora S drivetrain and, for the most part, the Sports Racer interior. Some, including mine were then tuned from Komotec to 430 HP.

Front suspension has custom wishbones for a wider track, the rear track widened through custom rims. There are actually very many differences to the stock Evora S both exterior and interior, including a high percentage of carbon parts.

You can find them all on the registry:  https://www.lotusregister.com Oh, and 50% of the owners are here on TLF!

Hi Thomas, I'm interested in the Komotec 430 kit but I'm not sure if the IPS on my car can handle it. What do you think?

I believe its OK,  but it is probably best is to ask Daniel at Komotec. My GTE has the manual gearbox. 

I believe its OK,  but it is probably best is to ask Daniel at Komotec. My GTE has the manual gearbox. 

• Like 1