free hit
counters
What has happened to the Evora GTE? - Page 9 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What has happened to the Evora GTE?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my #4 after it came out of the paint shop yesterday. I love the (presumably inadvertent) sparkle effect! Photo courtesy of Lotus. Not too long to wait now.

Just processing some pics from last week and this one just  

Posted Images

:happy dance:

Wow! :D

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

That's lovely (and about a 2 minute walk from the office!). Will gave to keep my eyes peeled.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Good grief! Looks incredible. 

I think I'd end up jumping in the dock out of sheer amazement! The passers-by that know what it is must be going bananas!

Bet everyone that those are the new Evora facelift wheels. Very nice they are too.

Thanks for posting.

:thumbup:

Did they do anything to the interior or is that standard?

The interior is standard as far as I can tell. Charcoal leather with the gold/yellow stitching. There is a "limited edition" Lotus Motorsport plate showing the production number....

• Like 2

You know what I really don't like about your GTE? It makes me want one -  desperately!! 

Seriously, I decided against the GTE in light of the facelift, but may have to reconsider. Fortunately there are still a few LHD left. 

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Nightfall blue would look $1m in the sunshine... 

I'd have it sent straight back to Lotus for a manual conversion before registration. Then I'd have to find a way to give it the promised 440bhp, so a GTE would end up costing me a small fortune.

Nightmare for the man maths because it should depreciate far less than the much cheaper but very nearly as good to drive Evora SR (which already has a manual). Mind you this thing should be extraordinary in the corners.

TLF needs to drive one soon and report back. Fascinating car.

Sorry for my ignorance but does the LTE Lotus is currently selling have 440bhp or not? And if so, how did they get there...new engine? turbo? Some of you posted remarks that makes me think that the LTE doesn't have this power. Thanks! 

No, its is just the stock drivetrain with 345 hp. A sell-off of the 20 prototype cars built for show and testing, without the added power or automated manual gearbox.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

- and then Komo-tec it after the year's warranty has run out; 430bhp is close enough!

Why wait so long? Just do it!

With the benefit of hindsight I would have put my deposit down on the car, delayed the rebuild until march then begged the guys at Lotus Motorsport to include the performance upgrades planed for the Evora into my GTE. It's questionable if they would have gone for it but that would have given me the 400 BHP with the all important charge cooler. I guess I was too eager to take delivery!

• Gold FFM

Looked at the B&C GTE today, its absolutely stunning inside and out, but the price tag is just too high for me to seriously consider.

Interesting that the B&C car is a 12 plate and Dominic's a 64, assume some were originally registered and others not.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.