free hit
counters
NMEG September Hoon - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

NMEG September Hoon

Backmarker

The kind Dr Fishy has organised a run to Alton Towers and NMEG will be supporting the event.

The Doctor wants us there for about 8.30am. I would suggest that we arrange to meet at either Jct 14 or Jct 15 of the M6. Either is about 45mins from the Towers. Jct 14 probably favours those from Telford/Cannock/Wolverhampton whereas Jct 15 probably favours those from Audlem/Preston/North West.

Once we know who's coming a final decision can be made on the meeting point. There are hotels/motels/laybys at both junctions.

I would suggest a 7.30am meet to make sure we're with the good Doctor in plenty of time.

So far Howard, Renu, Dodgy Dave and myself have signed up. Could anyone else joining the NMEG convoy please add their name to this thread.

There are a few 2 for 1 admission vouchers available, so the next 4 to sign up can get in for half price.

At the moment, we wait to hear from the good Doctor with regard to the car parking arrangements/fees.

See ya there,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Doctor has put the meeting time at Alton Towers back by 30 mins, so we can do the same.

Would suggest we meet at 8.00am and set off by 8.15am at the latest.

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

ok with me, whereare we meeting at please?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Howard,

Meeting place will be hotel/layby at either Jct 14 or 15 M6, depending upon who is coming and what suits.

More next week no doubt.

Graham.

welcome back Dave

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Yep - good holiday - drove down to Hampshire for a few days then over to France (Disneyland) then back to London for a show.

Went over on the Eurotunnel - wouldn't have a problem taking the Lotus - in fact going over, in front of me was a fezza.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

OK boys, my plan is 8.00am at the Shire Horse, just up the road from Jct 14 of the M6. If we leave at about 8.15am we should be with Fishy and crew by 9.00.

Presume both Daves will come up the M6 to jct 14. Down slip road, 3rd exit, couple of hundred yards to next roundabout and Shire Horse is on the left. There are two pubs/Travel Inns each side the road so make sure you get the right one. :lol:

Not sure which route you'll be taking Howard. Give me a clue and let me know if you need directions.

Ian H, Nicksoldies, CarlC and Simon Gleave are unable to join us for this one. :lol:

If you people want to change the above, then please yell.

Don't forget, Fishy owes us all a coffee grande. B)

Graham.

have you got a postcode for the pub please, will use sat nav or Renu to navigate...

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

thanks G

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

The good Doctor has agreed that the two groups (his tiddly one and our huge one ;) ) will meet at the Little Thief in Uttoxeter at 8.45am before making a joint grand-entrance at The Towers.

Hmmmm bacon butties......... :D

Graham.

Even tiddlier still....

Due to somewhat pressing work reasons, Alex has had to pull out :D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Fishy,

Why don't you and Bibs join our NMEG hoon to Alton Towers? :D

Everyone who owns/drives an Esprit is welcome ;)

At least the diminishing numbers will help your bank balance vis-a-vis coffee.

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

G is the Shire horse on the A34 or the A5013?

got it , next to premier lodge on A34 see tomorrow, dont forget your multimeter...

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Thanks H,

Multimeter is in the glove box.

See you in the morning.

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

I have just posted over on the main AT thread...

Everyone down here has pulled out :D Alex dropped out yesterday and Andy told me today that he is unable to go...

Belting all the way up the M1 as a lone Esprit kind of defeats the point of an Esprit hoon so I'm afraid guys that I'm dropping out too ;)

I really hope you guys all still go and can post us loads of pictures of all the fun we missed out on but I am sure you will understand - I guess with the whole Hethel thing coming up in almost exactly one month, this one was just not meant to be for me :)

Sorry all :P

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

hmmm, think everyone is holding back for the big one :D

well that makes 5

howard , renu , dave , dave , graham.

dont we need a even number? :);)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Word of advice - when you get to the pay gate for parking - Whoever's first, SPECIFICALLY tell them you want the VIP parking area - it's immediately down to the right, right by the entry gates :D

I'm really disappointed and also sorry to let you guys down ;)

Typical bloody Southerners...........and we've cleared the snow for you too :D

Those brave souls that are left, (NMEG memebers B) ) I am not fussed whether we go into the Towers or simply enjoy some of North Staffordshires finest. I'll go with the majority decision.

Lets meet as planned at The Shire Horse at 8.00am. From there we'll either have a drive or visit the Towers.

Fishy now owes me not only the pint he didn't buy me at Supercar Sunday, but a large luxury coffee as well.

Hethel is going to be very expense O' Evil one

Graham.

setting off in about 20 mins, renu has gone back to bed so will be on my ownsome...

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor