free hit
counters
Clutch Changed - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Doulou

Clutch Changed

post-2866-0-39922700-1366308100.jpg

Hi all

Just like to say a big thank you to the man in boot of my car changing my clutch!

I thought it might be worth while running a competition " guess who's in the boot!"

I'm sure the person in question won't mind, well I hope he doesn't!

Seriously thanks again pal

Paul

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ooooh I know, it's either Forrest Gump or Wurzel Gummidge. Am I close?

Trevor.

Looks a bit like George Clooney.

Those gearchange cables could do with a few more heat cycles.

Well whoever he is he must be a fit lad, I have just had my gearbox out twice in three days and I know how heavy they are. I have just replaced the engine in my S3 and its running great but getting a terrible noise every time I depress the clutch pedal, hence the reason for pulling out the gearbox twice. I have checked the spigot and thrust bearings and all is well, there is no end float so it's not the flywheel hitting the back of the block as has been suggested. I am stumped, the only thing I have found is that on the flexi plate there is very slight movement on the centre. I am tempted to fit a spare flywheel I have off an old Excel engine just to check but it does not have the timing marks on it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated as at the moment the Esprit is obviously off the road, The Éclat has a blown cylinder head gasket and the S1 Elise badly requires new rear discs so I have no toys to play with.

Cheers.

John.

P.S. The S1 is for sale if anyone is interested, never been tracked and in good order.

Edited by johnpwalsh

How about a quick "How To: Mr Sparky Sir ?

I've a bad feeling I'm up for this one soon. How far off the ground does the car need to be, if I take the box right out, underneath or over the transon? If I don't how far back can I get it, inside or under the boot, what does it butt up against ?

I'm trying to tell myself it's a hydraulic issue, but I know it's not.  :cry:

My clutch is also changed; a clutch +25% mounted, it works perfectly. But I have a little question: The gearchange cables must be positioned-placed under or over the clutch lever? Because the gear lever has a little different position to introduce the first gear...

Thanks,

Feijucho.

The cables are supposed to be clipped to a bracket held by the lower slave cylinder bolt, so under the lever.

Does anyone else think that bloke looks a bit like George Clooney?

The cables are supposed to be clipped to a bracket held by the lower slave cylinder bolt, so under the lever.

Does anyone else think that bloke looks a bit like George Clooney?

more like gary clooney