free hit
counters
Wanted - Waterpump for an 84 Turbo - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
markt

Wanted - Waterpump for an 84 Turbo

As the title says, I'm looking for a Waterpump for my 1984 Turbo Esprit. I'm really not sure on the condition of the pump that's on there at the moment, (apart from the fact it's leaking) so not sure if a rebuild kit will do the job. Anyone know of one for sale?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi all. As the title says, I'm looking for a Waterpump for my 1984 Turbo Esprit. I'm really not sure on the condition of the pump that's on there at the moment, (apart from the fact it's leaking) so not sure if a rebuild kit will do the job. Anyone know what my options are, and where I might be able to source a new unit?

Thanks in advance - Mark (I've also put an ad in the wanted section)

Just get a refurb kit and fit that to the casting you have, assuming that casting is OK. Over here the kits ate circa £70 or £100 incl fitting. To fit you have to press the old bearing out, press the new one in (heating casting both times) and swap impeller and pulley flange to new bearing/ shaft. It's an easy job if you have a hydraulic / screw press.

Thanks for the replies. Think first step will be getting the pump off and take it from there... For £70 to £100 for a rebuild kit fitted, it'll be worth my while shipping the unit over and then back here again with what I'll get stung locally! Usual suspects for the rebuild kits I assume?

Just to wrap up this thread - A big thank you to John & Pete at PNM Engineering. A waterpump and a few other bits on their way to me. Top class service and an excellent shipping rate too. One step closer to getting on the road!