free hit
counters
Engine light on - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rowge

Engine light on

Hi all, car passed MOT today, first time out for the car in a while, anyway ticks over ok, but when I accelerate the car holds back, if I lift off and apply gas gently the car may gradually accelerate, sometimes fantastically but mostly not at all, also cut out a couple of times and Engine light comes on

Any ideas, I guess I will now have to get into free scan, does anyone live near me who is a free scan expert, I hope so as I want to get her purring for castle Combe

Cheers Steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No idea who could be close to you, but first check no vacuum hoses are disconnected - it could be that simple.

Or a split in one, perhaps a rubber elbow like on the MAP sensor if it's on/off?

Freescan will help you, Espritmon is better or you can short the ALDL connector to get the code for now?

Took the SE out for another quick drive, engine suddenly stops and the engine light comes on, car starts again straight away but still cannot apply any gas or car holds back as if ignition has been turned off then as i release gas she just bout keeps going, will check all connections, pipes tommorrow, could the 2 faults be the same thing?

Short the connector and get the code, it will save any more guesswork and takes seconds to do...

Had a good look today, started by removing the cover from the boot area as I thought I may have replaced something incorrectly when I removed the luggage area, changed the wires around that go to the vacuum solenoid valve throttle jack, exhaust back pressure and freq valve waste gate control so that the longest wire goes to the furthest unit, then spotted a vacuum pipe that had come off from the inlet manifold the 90 degree rubber connector had gone hard and when replaced was loose, replaced connector, started car drove up the road perfect, drove to work and back 50 miles did not miss a beat, and very quick, will have to check wire colours for the 3 units in the boot area. The only slight worry is that the car seems to smell of petrol when I accelerate hard?