free hit
counters
Elite on ebay Australia - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Clive59

Elite on ebay Australia

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks For this Topic Clive!

Does it look that bad?

You should see the ones we see advertised here. Things always look better in pics but I think that one looks ok and just needs some time. I wonder if it is the same blue elite that i saw advertised in the Gosford small ad's about six years ago? Asking price then was 6K, and it was in bits.

Has it been registered in Aus? The final pic shows a yellow rear plate ending in "S" which would be about right for a 1978 UK car. I wonder if its simply been exported to Oz, never been put through rego/compliance and just left in a shed? It could be a good car in that case - just depends how long it has been sitting. It will also be a 2L at that age, not a 2.2 unless someone has been busy with spanners.

C'mon cobbers - buy it!

(I probably would if I was down there....but I'm a bit of a sucker for orphaned cars...)

:thumbup:

Well spotted Dunc, it is surely not an Aus number plate, never seen one quite that colour, and the font is wrong. Engine number indicates it is a 907 engine, build date 12/77. Already at $3300, but could need a lot spent on it. I am surprised it has not even got to the reserve yet, suspect the owner/dealer thinks it is worth more. If it has never been registered here, could be a bit difficult getting it on the road.

you can almost guarantee it leaks from the lower cam tower! ^_^

I honestly don't know how you guys manage down there with lotuses and the RTA's view on oil drips...