free hit
counters
Very expensive Turbo HC - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loose Cannon

Very expensive Turbo HC

Paul Matty, always at the pointy end of Lotus asking prices, has this for sale for 38 grand;

3618530.jpg

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C383272

Aside from a sheikh's bum being in the seat once or twice what do people think of the price asked? I hate the fact that classic car prices are rising, but at the same time jealous it hasn't hit mine. Contrary or what. It's like a global arms race where the ultimate aim is pointless, but everyone feels like they should be on board.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

£38k might sound a lot to us but try putting it context with what is happening to classic car prices. I was looking at Austin Healeys for example they have gone through the roof. To get a good one you're looking at £50k upwards 

The ex Shar car was for sale c12 yeasr ago as I recall and looks like it has done no miles since. So, you're getting a top of the range HC turbo in mint condition with negligible miles on it. We can argue all day about if it's worth more because he placed his backside in it but at the end of the day it's highly unlikely to go down in value.

For those with money wanting a mint G I think t will sell.      

Well I like it. Who owned it is irrelevant to me. I like the colour combination, themileage and that it is one of the last G cars built. It's all about perspective. Same can be said about recent S1 prices. So yeah, I'd buy it but I'd want a deal!.

Bugger,sold my Esprit S1,I should have stated that I had driven a Sean Connery look a like in it .Could have asked a lot more for it ??  

As a reader of Classic and Sports car, they do a feature on cars for sale.  If I recall, a couple of months ago there was a good honest Austin A35 for £8000  - It was considered reasonable value - I almost spat my tea out.   Lotus Esprits (and the Winterbottom cars) seem like the bargain of the century to me (well maybe not this one) - But, say , compared to an E-Type its more for the money and certainly rarer.