free hit
counters
How to access the front indicator light/bulb? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Che

How to access the front indicator light/bulb?

My front indicator light needs a bulb replacement.

There are two screws on both sides. I unscrew the screw and the darn thing (unit)came off from the bumper and I can't access the or replace the bulb.

What is the procedure to access the indicator? (lotus v8)

thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thank you Alex....that was I thought, take the 2 screws and pull the blinker unit and reveal the bulb.

But no, when i took the two screw out the unit pushed in at the back of the bumper.

Well, I guess i need to snake

the blinker and force it out in the front of the bumper? 

right there should be two screws in the plastic cover the bit that shows the light  then under that should be a rubber ring around the plastic for weather sealing then under that should be another two screws holding on the rear of the bulb holder that should be fixed seperatly to the bumper unfortunatly you cant really get to the light unit behind the bumper without removing alot of the front assembely as the under trays and what not only allow access so far then your into the bumper good hunting

Thanks Alex -- I will snake the blinker out of the front bumper ' cause when I unscrewed the two screws the light pushed in deep to the bumper.

Bulb replacement can result in the bulb holder falling out of the rear of the unit into the front bumper. The front indicator bulb sits in a rubber "push in " fitting so if you are not careful the whole thing pushes through when you attempt to replace the bulb.

To fix : Remove the front indicator lens and then flip up each end of the rubber sealing gasket to reveal another pair of screws one at either end.

Undo those screws and remove the rubber sealing gasket

Working through the bumper/indicator unit aperture, flip the unit over. Bit of a fiddle but can be done. Next get some adhesive and glue the the bastard bulb holder in place.

Let glue set, flip back over and then install the reflector unit. Then the bulb etc etc

Easier than removing bumper, spoiler and all the other rusted and corroded screws.

Hope this helps