free hit
counters
v8 technical buffs help - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alex Carter

v8 technical buffs help

firstly this 

20130502_215622_zps76726f58.jpg

these two plugs seem to have forgot where they go the loom there attatched to is in the centre of the plenum i dont have egr on my v8 so i guess ones for that but the other no clue as to what i have missed .

secondly 

this 

20130502_204358_zps54e3362e.jpg

theres a clear pipe that comes from the underneath of the plenum the manual states its a service vac point but the pipe doesnt seam long enough to connect to its other end which goes into the passenger side panel . 

here 

20130502_195022_zps567dbdfa.jpg

now im not sure if the tap with the green twisty top should be in the engine bay side or hiden in the qtr panel i cant remember so if anyone has any pics it may help .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The EGR valve has two connectors, one to the actuator (the big one) and one to the EGR temperature sensor (the small one). That is what those two connectors you are holding are for.

That clear vacuum line looks like maybe something from a PO. All of my (2003) vacuum lines are either black rubber or black plastic. There are two larger (black) plastic lines from under the plenum, one goes to the rear and one goes toward the front. The one towards the front is connected in the center just below the firewall in the last picture with a special snap connector.

I can't guarantee all of my lines are original and unmolested but here are pictures of my U.S.spec (with EGR etc.).

A view from the left side side:

IMG_20130502_184255.jpg

A view from the right side:

IMG_20130502_190235.jpg

And a view from the rear:

IMG_20130502_190306.jpg

Edited by billstr

Looks like I accidentally moved two of the pictures or something and can't edit that post anymore (why?) so here are the links again.

From the left:

IMG_20130502_184255.jpg

From the right:

IMG_20130502_190235.jpg

From the rear:

IMG_20130502_190306.jpg

Edited by billstr