free hit
counters
The Only UK Built S4 Palacio Purple - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rizla603104

The Only UK Built S4 Palacio Purple

I had the provenance emailed through yesterday - confirming that my S4 was the only B19 Palacio Purple car made for the UK. I have seen images of "the other one" in the US I am presuming they are the only two. Apparently the car was not built for a special order - it was a stock car. Crazy to think how they came to a decision to colour 1 or 2 cars in that colour. Probably had spray guns full up with Palacio Purple for the Elans and didn't know what to do with it.....

On another note, I once saw a photo with what I think was one Palacio Purple S4 parked in a storage car park after production at Hethel. Has anyone seen or got a copy please?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Loads of photos around mate - it was temple's car. You've seen it!

Nope. Different light conditions or photo quality may be.

Edited by rocket63

I have indeed seen it sparky but I just thought a thread about car colours needed some pictorial content.

Didn't realise he'd sold it though. Liked the colour

Those two are different colours I've seen them !!

They're different cars too, the purplerain one is an 88 or 89 I think. Didn't the guy disappear for a few years then try to sell it a year or two ago. I remember the interior wasn't to many people's taste...

The 2nd one used to belong to a chap called Paul Tyrell - 1989 Turbo. It wasn't palacio purple but a very bright metallic purple that he had the car sprayed. It did look awesome when the sun was shining on it. Lived down my way but it was for Sale 18 months ago after being off the road for a few years

photo-1842.jpg

photo-2250.jpg

Trying to find my palacio purple Esprit pics now!

Yes - any PP pics warmly appreciated - especially if they are of my car :)

The US one rocket posted is of the "other" car - I am guessing it was factory produced in that colour too?

And Sparky is right - as he has worked on it - it was indeed Temples car.

Was Palacio Purple an option for S4's? Im assuming it was....?

There was a same color car for sale in Florida a year or two back, but I think it was a V8....

I may have the only 95 silk red s4 in the US according to one list....

Brian

Edited by bharper

Not me no - I bought it privately - there are some other purple cars - but different maybe a different purple or maybe re-sprayed. As it has just had its bumper and lower section re-sprayed I'll take some photos soon.

Could have sworn there was more than 1 RHD Palacio floating about, no more than 2 or 3 though. It gets a bit confusing when personal plates are applied, I have some pics of one reg'd CWC906 when it passed through the hands of UK Sportscars in 2007 (with a bent exhaust pipe), another of a Palacio owned by a member called Jason dated 2005. IIRC the adverts were live for a long time

I have all the pics of the US red interior one from the Ebay advert if you want them emailing

There was a same color car for sale in Florida a year or two back, but I think it was a V8....

I may have the only 95 silk red s4 in the US according to one list....

Brian

The other Palacio purple in the US is an S4.  The purple V8s were painted "Deep Purple".

Looked like this

P5210377.JPG

P5210379.JPG

Hi Mark, I think that both of the stories you refer to - are my car with different number plates on. It had definitely been through UK Sports Cars as until recently - it had UKS plates on the car It has been: CWC906, M640 LOB, J80 HEA and now G7 PSH It would be great to have the photos. Vulcan is right - the other purple cars described are a different colour altogether. Mine is the same colour as the S2 M100 Elans - which leads me to think that they had a couple of paint pots spare at the factory!!

Here's the certificate from Lotus

cert.jpg

But please do send any images of the old girl through the years - as I'd like to make a scrapbook dating back as far as I can. Paul at o-v-p dot com

Edited by rizla603104

Wanted to make some sarcastic comment that they only made 2 in that colour because no-one wanted to buy them...

Then saw the 2 photos from Paul (Rocket 63) and absolutely changed my mind.

WOW!!!

Just a thought when the Lotus certificate says original dealer unknown....have you done a DVLA history check? Well worth the £5

Thank you Mark - I debated long and hard about the colour. But it has grown on me.

Yes - history check was done before I bought the car - all in order. The only reason it said original dealer unknown is that the car was built for stock. I think that reading between the lines - it hung around for a while (can't think why :whistle: ). They had a record of it being sold by Bell and Coleville 2 years later - but because the registration plate comes from West Midlands it was thought to have been originally sold by the W Midlands dealer. But there is nothing to substantiate that in either my records (dating back to 1998) or theirs.

null-63.jpg