free hit
counters
door adjustment - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My passenger side door is in the wrong position, ie. actually too far forward towards the front wing, and is rubbing in two places when opened.

Question is, can it be realigned in any way other than moving it on the main door pillar hinge mountings?

I have read through a couple of old threads on this subject, and the most relevant was from 2007, but the pictures showing the two bolts to loosen will not load.

If it is the case that I have to loosen the main hinge bolts, then how do you access them? I gather the top one is behind the A pillar trim, but what about the bottom one? I have pulled back the carpet trim in that area but can't see a way in.

Hoping there's an easier solution!

Nick.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Respray19.jpg

Does that help. the 2 holes are where the hinges fasten and adjust. There are shims in there too, to align the panels, so don't lose them.

That's the dear and sadly departed Nuvolari doing his project management on the roof.

Oh, and put masking tape around the edges to help prevent further damage to the paint.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Thanks Roger,

Have located the large bolts and adjusted it (in a fashion!). Would have been a little easier if I could actually have removed the A pillar trim. How the :censored: does that come off??!!!

Managed to 'force' a socket in the gap whilst prising the trim away. Not good! :angry:

CBP90-500x500.jpg

On the leading edge, they are challenging to remove. Almost impossible to replace, one side on mine now uses double sided tape.

When u put the door on use an old spare wheel to sit the door on, it will balance nicely, also ensure that the gripper plate is in place this stops the door moving once in position.

Hoe that helps