free hit
counters
Schroth "4" point harness installed - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sven76

Schroth "4" point harness installed

Finally, my garage got the Schroth harness installed I want so desperately.

IMG_1255.JPG

It is a Schroth Rallye 3 ASM. So technically not 4 point but just 3 point, but it is a fixed harness attaching you properly to the seat. Works very good, I notice no difference to the Schroth Profi III ASM I used to have in my Elise. Lap belt close to pelvis, shoulder belts very good and comfortable despite being 1 inch narrower than the Profi III belt. Also has ASM to avoid submarining in case of a crash.

Getting it installed was a long long story. Initially considered harness bar (would be a first, fairly expensive as no off the shelf solution avaialble) and even a full club-sport style roll cage (even more expensive) in order to use the Schroth Profi II/III ASM. Then thought about the Rallye 3 which needs only one anchor point. Which points you can install the harness are explained in the manual on the Schroth Homepage

For a 2+2, very easy, you can use the original anchor points for the rear seatbelts. C is the most logical one - and the one finally used for my install.

IMG_1256.JPG

For a 2+0, Lotus has installed a different roll bar without anchor points / screw threads. So you need to order a new one if you want to stay legal and in line with the ECE approval.

All in all, I am very satisfied. The harness works as expected and I look forward to the next trackday, but even on a B road it is very helpful and supports your connection with the car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very smart, that looks nice. Can the ISOFIX mountings not be used, they are solid enough being attached to the chassis?

2+0 has no Isofix. The ECE approval states that you must use original seat belt screw threads and must not add new ones. If you want to get it road level in Germany, you need to stick to it, but guess Isofix would also be save. The E point (see Schroth manual - it is the outer lap belt screw) is also cleared by Schroth, seat is strong enough, I have that even in writing...

Sorry resurrecting an old post.

Is the Schroth Rallye 4 ASM compatible with the Evora??

how is the Rallye 3 installed in the real seat?

appreciate some clearer pictures

thanks  

Interesting, but it seems inconsistent. That's a single point load at an angle and above shoulder height. For some while safety gurus have been saying that the load should be over the shoulder and taken equally at individual mounting points, or is that just for competition purposes?

If that single point is sufficient then it is an easily available simple solution that no-one has seen previously.

All OEM belts are 3 points and the Rallye 3 is no different except it mergers the "4th" point to a common point which is fixed to the manufacturer's designated ISO fix point... 

I think the load imposed is the same since the bloke behind the wheel is the same. 

The only question to me is whether the ASM technology is tested,  proven reliable and repeatable. 

On 04/05/2013 at 03:09, Sven76 said:

Finally, my garage got the Schroth harness installed I want so desperately.

IMG_1255.JPG

It is a Schroth Rallye 3 ASM. So technically not 4 point but just 3 point, but it is a fixed harness attaching you properly to the seat. Works very good, I notice no difference to the Schroth Profi III ASM I used to have in my Elise. Lap belt close to pelvis, shoulder belts very good and comfortable despite being 1 inch narrower than the Profi III belt. Also has ASM to avoid submarining in case of a crash.

Getting it installed was a long long story. Initially considered harness bar (would be a first, fairly expensive as no off the shelf solution avaialble) and even a full club-sport style roll cage (even more expensive) in order to use the Schroth Profi II/III ASM. Then thought about the Rallye 3 which needs only one anchor point. Which points you can install the harness are explained in the manual on the Schroth Homepage

For a 2+2, very easy, you can use the original anchor points for the rear seatbelts. C is the most logical one - and the one finally used for my install.

IMG_1256.JPG

For a 2+0, Lotus has installed a different roll bar without anchor points / screw threads. So you need to order a new one if you want to stay legal and in line with the ECE approval.

All in all, I am very satisfied. The harness works as expected and I look forward to the next trackday, but even on a B road it is very helpful and supports your connection with the car.

Sven can you show me how you mounted the outboard waist belt? The evora 400 has a sliding rail instead of a fix mounting point. Thanks 

No, sorry. Sold the car in 2014, this was probably the worst car I ever had, left it unrepaired (catalytic converters crashed through the entire exhaust system) with a dealer who paid top money, moved on to Porsche.

• Sad 1