free hit
counters
Bleeding Brakes! - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all, Any tips on any strange anomalies when bleeding S1 brakes? I've put new seals in the front calipers but can't seem to get a stiff pedal. When pushed it stays so I pretty sure there's no leak and when you pump the pedal firms up.

Any ideas?

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

are you bleeding the brakes properly ? have you replaced the lines my old rubber ones looked good but inside they had corroded and swelled badly stopping the fluid through.so braided were fitted  instead 

I'm pretty sure its being done right, however I've seen in the manual they say do fronts first then rears, usually you start farthest away, anyone got an opinion on.this?

Edited by winners

Most definatly start furthest corner away from the servo work you're way closer

I've always done it as per the manual which I think is FL FR RL RR. Using and EZYbleed thingy I've never had a problem.

Agree with Alex on replacing old brake lines.

Pete

Thanks guys, sorted out now.  Brake lines are ok, looks like already been done. I think they were just being stubborn!!!

I'm with Peter. Have always followed the manual. Lotus designed it. They must have a reason for their method.