free hit
counters
Donato Coco interview - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I don't like these design people. So much blahblahblah. Start each day with writing your ideas on a sheet of paper. Great. Skills aren't important. No, you need "imagination". Sure. Blahblahblah.

(Don't get me wrong on this, we need design people, they're just so... yeah.. I don't know)

It is good for Lotus that he didn't left though. I hope he designs some nice cars in the future, the Paris concepts were good enough for me. I don't like them as much as the Evora and the Exige, but they are OK. But more important, the press aand general public seemed to like the new Lotus designs. New potential buyers are always good.

About Zimmerman: Are there still people working on the new V8 engine?

Wolf left some time ago now.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Having Donato Coco still there must mean there must be some plans for the future. Some plans for new models etc.? Unless he has a watertight contract and hes re-designing the bike shed!!! lol. Someone at the top must value his ideas. I still think the proven mechanical designs underpinning current models could still be taken to the next level with some ambitious styling designs.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Big salary designer and a team of seventy!  Is that still all in place?

Do hope Lotus bring something out from this design team (is Exige V6 theirs?)

Simon,

Exige V6 was an MJK, RB thing. They had at least 1 development car when they were both there. It got binned for a while by DB but brought out and refreshed by that team.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)