free hit
counters
V8 Silicone Hose Kit - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hedgerley

V8 Silicone Hose Kit

This topic has come up several times over the years but it looks like someone has finally taken the plunge - has anyone tried these out yet (apart form the guy who they used as a pattern)? My car is in for its B service this week and I'm having a load of bits fitted whilst the engine is out. I'd actually asked the service manager if he knows of anyone locally who can make them up but if these work....

http://roosemotorsport.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_213&products_id=1664

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A lot of hoses there and seems reasonable value I would think. Just a question over whether they are good quality but if they are then seems like a good ft and forget option. Nice to see they have been produced in black and not a chavvy colour.

Trevor.

Chav colours available. I assume they are made to order. Reading the reviews it looks like quality is right up there.

Theres a problem here would you trust your engine to any ole silicone maker I used samco on mine because they are tried and tested the hoses are two 60mm 90 degree bends half a meter of 51 mm and half a meter of 38 mm and the smaller water is half a meter of 16mm that pretty much does all the important ones

They don't look like 'any old silicone maker' to me Alex. Given the tech spec, the range of services and models they cover together with the reviews it looks pretty kosher to me. But I'll try to contact the guy who's car they used to develop the kit and see how he's getting on. But its got to be better than 12 year old rubber......

Yes true I had this convo with a friend who purchased some other make and I held a tighter to my Samco smoke but it wiped away undamaged he tried his and it caught light not saying these would but sometimes its better to check the durability first and 500 quid for hoses is alot