free hit
counters
Warranty Recalls - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

After the annual service @ B&C today we were told of some new recall work.

Clutch master cylinder and lower ball joint. Apparently 10 hours of work so need to book the right time.

Great customer service too as they replaced light surrounds, key and advised on full wheel alignment next time we are in. Estimated £250 - does this sound right?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thats towards the top of the price band but they are a main dealer. You could get it for under £200 elsewhere or over £300 just as easily (that's what the factory charge). Either way, make sure they are using a Hunter machine, that's what it was initially set up on in Hethel.

Why did they advise it, did they say?

Uneven rear tyre wear... I knew about Hunter from the Evora DVD! Hope all is well in Bibsville!

I'm in the DVD :D

Uneven tyre wear can be shocks or geo, more likely to be geo though on such a new car. Perhaps pothole related?

It would make sense.

You can see Laura and I at the end when Matt Melling picks up car 1 and drives out of the factory. I'm the one that looks like a young Brad Pitt :D

Rob, re wheel allignment on a Hunter, have you checked with Micheldever Tyres?  Had mine done there a couple of years ago, can't recall the cost but it was not as much as £250.  I would have remembered that!  Pretty good outfit all round in my experience, used for several vehicles as well as Lotuses over some years.  E.g. use soft jack faces at the right points and only hand tools on the wheels and torque correctly. Been to trouble to get exact tyres wanted. They once accidentally marked an alloy, so repaired for free, lent a car for a day, and on collection had cleaned up all wheels to as new condition.

Rob, do you know what VIN range or rough build dates the recall affects?  Mine's going in for service next week and I could tip them off to do it rather than be told on collection that it needs doing next time!

Uneven rear tyre wear on mine was due to way out tyre pressures by the previous owner and the as-designed large camber on the Evora rears.  Since fitting new rears and correct pressures the uneven wear is now driver-induced ;)

I spoke to Phil at B&C earlier today, he described the work as warranty issues rather than official recalls. He was going to get in touch with Hethel and see how many similar issues there's been.  :thumbup:

Rob, do you know what VIN range or rough build dates the recall affects?  Mine's going in for service next week and I could tip them off to do it rather than be told on collection that it needs doing next time!

Uneven rear tyre wear on mine was due to way out tyre pressures by the previous owner and the as-designed large camber on the Evora rears.  Since fitting new rears and correct pressures the uneven wear is now driver-induced ;)

They may well give it a once over... No recall notice!

Mel - thanks for phoning and getting them on it for me!

Rob, couldn't recall whether their machine was a Hunter - didn't want to put a misleading rec on here!

I too spoke with Phil at B&C today about my 3 year service coming up. Re the clutch master cylinder (Service Bulletin, not recall) he has not yet checked whether it is mandatory. Will want mine for an extra day if so. Bit shocked to realise that three years have gone by already. Must pack in more driving!