free hit
counters
Colour Combinations - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chinleyman

Colour Combinations

Can anyone tell me if there is a list of the original colour combinations available for Elites and Eclats.

The first Elite that I bought in 1982 (pre university) was a 1976 502, with a private plate, WJV22 (before people paid more for an unusual plate) was a powder blue with dark blue vinyl roof and beige cloth interior.

My second Elite (post university in 86) was a 1980 503 in bright yellow (looked great on the Elite) with black cloth interior, this car was written off by fire in 1988!

Im  considering an Elite  Excel body mod (see separate string) in same yellow as my 1980 Elite with black alcantara interior.   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As a well known purist (even bought a standard exhaust for my old S4) I can't condone your plans :)

However, how about Yellow with a black Vinyl roof. My dad had one and it looked great!

Yellow sounds good. I had a Yellow S1 Eclat with cream leather which was nice too. I'm sure Duncs car is Yellow with a very nice black interior. Most likey to be pics of it in the Garage section / owners cars. I do like a Red Lotus but yellow really does suit them and stand out. Not too many cars get away with bright yellow but the old Lotus pulls it off well.

Yellow and black is reserved for style demons.

There is an application form you need to fill out before you can use this colour combination on an eclat/elite. You will find the form on the elite eclat register thread!

:unworthy:

Found the pictures of my Elites, blue car had beige cloth and black vinyl dash/tunnel interior whilst yellow car was all black interior including roof lining.

post-15447-0-86422700-1392462723.jpgpost-15447-0-25365500-1392462793.jpg

Great pictures ...Good luck in your search...Mike

Thanks for posting the historic pictures, something we definitely need more of on here.

I've never seen that blue colour on an Elite before. It looks like Ford Olympic blue which found its way onto Elans, so is possibly an original finish, although the painted bumpers hint at a respray.

The yellow one looks great, shame about the flames! To own both at an early age must have been cool as hell.

WJV22 now resides on a Porsche Boxster!

The powder blue was original (all colour details, body, interior etc, were written on the glass body under the rear seats!) and the bumpers were sprayed by me trying to imitate a satin finish rather than gloss (similar to the black satin bumper finish), this was in 1982 so before colour co-ordinated (not colour coded) bumpers became the norm, i wasn't able to get a perfect match for the blue. The vinyl roof was a deep blue which looked brilliant with the pale blue body(when i bought the car it had stood for some time and roof looked black it was only after some serious elbow grease that the true colour became visible). Had to laugh the seller was in the trade and thought the car had a serious problem as it was leaving a trail of oil and smoking badly from under the bonnet - two new cam cover gasket, some cleaning of the mating faces, and using a combination of liquid gasket to each face with paper gasket in between and all sorted. The standing outside had however resulted in a leeching screen (worse than usual, and seized high tensile bolts in the rear suspension diff, i had one shear on me whilst driving (interesting moment).

Dream car is an Elite Riviera in the yellow with black interior but at the moment i have taken on the build of a 1958 DBR1 replica so no time, or money, to pursue.