free hit
counters
GOODYEAR NCT's AVAILABLE - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
madmax

GOODYEAR NCT's AVAILABLE

I'm not sure if these are any good for anyone wanting to keep things 'original' but I've just taken the original NCT's from the back of my Esprit S 2 as I wanted some more up to date rubber.

They are of course both 205/70 VR 14 and although the3y appear to be in good condition, the tread depth is as you might expect after 45000 miles.

One tyre is close to 3mm but the other one is barely legal.

They'd need to be collected from York YO8 and if there are no takers then perhaps they'll be listed on ebay.

If they're any good to any fellow enthusiast please drop me a line or call on 07801 813777

Thanks

Simon

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Simon,

What are you replacing them with?

Pete

It's been impossible Pete with little or no choice in the correct size, let alone speed rating.

I've tried to find branded tyres falling back as far as Firestone but ball I get from tyre suppliers is that Nankang, Kumho, etc etc are the tyres people are using.

I've had experience with a brand called Maxis in the past with another Lotus and they seemend good for the price they are but not available in V rated.

I bought some fantastic Michelin MVX V rated tyres in the right size (as used on Mercedes 6.3 monster saloon) and  the likes of the delightful 246 Dino by Ferrari but the Lotus rims appear too wide for me to get these onto the bead to seal.

These are still available new apparently and they're about £400 each if you fancy that route!!

Sorry - not much help I'm afraid

Looking at the Forum, this tyre issue just gets worse

regards

Simon

Guys I have a 235 60 VR15 original fit Eagle NCT rear for the Turbo Esprit going spare. As per Simon the tyre is barely road legal with only a coupe of mm left in the tyre centre but anyone who wants an OE tyre for that OE on display look (!) just shout. Midlands based and going cheap - I cannot bear to chuck it out!

Edited by nello

PS - The Michelins are actually Michelin XWX V rated tyres and they too will be headed for ebay

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon,

Interesting what you say about fitting the XWXs. I was thinking about going down that route once I've worn out my Fuldas. Have you spoken to the place you bought them from about the fitting issue?

Pete

To replace my 235/60s, I went for Vredestein Sportrac 3 225/60s. reasonable price £98 rears, £64 fronts, looks good, drives nicely, with an extra benefit, designed by Giugiaro, with his name on the sidewall.

Hi Pete

It was my local village garage that said the wheels were too wide for them to be fitted by them. A proper commercial tyre fitting outfit would have the means to fit them onto wider than usual rims.

I think my old Mercedes had 6" rims whre the Esprit S2 rears are much wider

Thanks

Simon

Chris, those Giugiaro tyres look great, they're just crying out for the Giugiaro lettering to be picked out with a tyre pen!

I'm looking to replace my G/Year NCTs (s3 esprit) and it looked like my options were Pirelli at £250 each or 4x4 Kuhmos!

It's good to know, think you may save me a few hundred pounds.

Regards, Mark

I got mine through pneus online, Ordered 1pm Monday, delivered to GST from Holland by 4pm onThursday. Not bad, although there were some worrying moments when they seemed to be stuck in Thetford.

Now I need to refurb the wheels.

Chris

I've got a pair of brand new NCT tyres on the rear of my S1 - are they rare? If not, what's so special about them?

Paul.

I've still got nct's all round, fronts have about 7mm and backs about 5mm, I'm conscious they are probably ten years old or more, going to get S4 wheels eventually and shelve the standard wheels with good years for special occasions in years to come.

Final call - As per above -  I have a 235 60 VR15 original fit Eagle NCT rear for the Turbo Esprit going spare. Its barely road legal with only a coupe of mm left in the tyre centre but anyone who wants an OE tyre for that OE on display look (!) just shout.

I really need the space and have finally convinced myself I'll never use it so unless someone calls around with a few beers it'll be in the tip shortly...........

Neil

Chris might be interested - give me a day and I'll drop him a PM as he's not on here very often.

Neil

Chris might be interested - give me a day and I'll drop him a PM as he's not on here very often.

Update - Chris is all rubbered up so doesn't need them.

Shame nobody wants them

Hi

Can anyone help please, as i want to replace my front tyres, they were the Goodyear NCT 205/60 VR14...  but they dont appear to be available anymore.

Can anyone suggest a suitable alternative ?

many thanks...