free hit
counters
do you need bullet connectors? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
red vtec

do you need bullet connectors?

I have been sorting my front sidelights and gave run new wires from the units back into the bonnett where there are those awful bullet connectors. Do I catually need thses? cannn i not just solder the joins and heat shrink?

anyone?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Id say you can. Just if you have to replace the lamp body a few times you might need to lengthen the wires but its gonna be many side light crashes before you get to that stage!

Buddsy

I have run new leads from the lamps, the new leads are about a meter straight run, and all without removing the bumper :)

How did you undo the bolts on the lamps?

Buddsy

I manged to get my hand up inside with a spanner to get the back of the one nearst the side of the car. I then drilled the other bolt out. I then made the central hole that the wire runs through larger. Then I put new bolts through and tighted a nut on the front, so I have bolt head/plastic/nut then you can mount the lamp houseing on the bolt threads the earth can then sit in the housing rather than behind the bumper. so it runs bolt head/plastic/nut/housing/earthring/nut. the light sits one nut forward in the recess. but no more having to remove bumpers for the light.  I extended the wires on the light by soldering the joints and heat shriking. I then ran this new wire back to the bonnet along the original route.

Hope this makes sense!

Less joins means less potential problems. Good job well done