free hit
counters
Taillight Wiring Photo for 84? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DayOff

Taillight Wiring Photo for 84?

Does anyone out there have a good photo of one of the sides of their taillight wiring?  I'm not sure why I skimped on the photos of this area, but I'm putting mine back together and the wiring diagram doesn't match up to my car.  It's an 84 Federal car.  For example, I have a connector with two sets of red/black wiring on each side, and none of the 6 diagrams I've run across show anything along those lines.  I have some fuzzy pictures, but nothing that's real helpful (half my sockets were dangling out of the housing when I got the car too, so it seems like someone was getting curious at the time, or looking for bulbs at least..

Thanks!

Pete

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I asked the same question a while ago with exactly the same issues. Its seems that the wiring diagram and what you think should light up is open to interpretation. I found the original diagram didn't light up the lamps I thought should based on their size. 

I just trial an errored till I was happy. The red/black are the + and earth. The earth wire isn't shown on the diagrams but you can see them jumping from bulb socket to bulb socket in a serial chain. 

Hope it helps

R.