free hit
counters
Restoring the white leather - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Like most others, I've had a fair amount of wear on my launch edition seats and I want to apply some dye to restore them. But as far as I can tell, there's not really anywhere I can cut to send a sample to get a colour-matched dye.

But perhaps somebody here has already done it and can point me to a company who already has the correct colour dye?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

One leather dye company suggested getting a colour chart from a DIY store that does paint mixing, then send that off once you've found a decent match.

Have you had the seats out of the car? There's more than likely a decent piece you can trim underneath it.

But perhaps somebody here has already done it and can point me to a company who already has the correct colour dye?

Give Gliptone a call, I've always had very good colour matches from them.

Hi,

I had Paul a mobile leather seat repairs guy come round for half a day and sort out the seats in my old 911 (also had an off white leather) The results were fantastic. Lots of photos on his website.

http://www.leatherrevive.co.uk/leather_seat_repair_for_car.htm

He charged me £250 to sort out two front seats, door cards and gear stick muff. It was a great job. He basically masks everything and then uses a air spray from his van and matches the colour. If there are any cracks he fills them with something rubber based glue i think.. The effect works but doesn't last forever depending on how much you use you seats.

If its only a small part of the seat I can't imagine it would cost more than £50 but that's only a guess. The only issue is he's based up north so books a load of jobs down south and does them all together in a week or so, so you might have to wait a couple of months till he's next down.

Good luck.

;-)

Edited by auRouge

One of my Oyster interior cars had the LE seats touched up by the dealer as part of a deal we did over a number of things.  They took the car to, or had somebody visit in the Edinburgh area. Dealer was the superb MMC (Murray Motor Co) who have probably sold and dealt with more Evoras than any other dealer. Ask to speak to Craig for advice.  Re-connolised (Spolling mistook?)  I was told was the name/method used.

The outcome was a vast improvement on the drivers bolster where leather was badly marked with jeans studs or similar when squeezing in when parked in garage.

This company does some fantastic restoration products - http://www.leatherique.com