free hit
counters
s2 speedline front alloy - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
h.ivison21

s2 speedline front alloy

Hi all.I'm after some advice plz. I have this speedline alloy,which I think is off a 79- 81 Esprit. I am wondering if its worth selling? Any advice? Thanks.post-15494-0-48112900-1369685346.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It is indeed an S2 wheel.  I am sure you can sell on, there must be someone who would have one wheel as a spare rather than buy a full set.  Full sets do come up now and again, I think around the £200 mark. 

Did you have a price in mind?

Hmm. Just check what size the wheel is. Elites also had Speedlines fitted but they were a different size to the Esprit S2 ones even though they look identical.

Pete

I notice the 'lozenge' style badge which might date it to the GM era ? Surely that was 1986/87 ish which would be too late for an Esprit S2?

But I'm no expert and the centre cap may have been changed

John

Cheers guys. not sure on price,I want to be sure what I'm selling first. I'll take it to my local garage tomoro and get the size checked....will let u kno ASAP. As for the badge, Erm...I really don't know. Perhaps someone can advise on this? There are some numbers and things pressed on it,ill try upload photos too. Thanks for helping.

If the cap (Wickens era, June 83 - Jan 86) hasn't been changed it's possibly off a low-compression engine Excel. I had a set from an E-reg car with those caps. If so the stud pattern fits very little else (4x100?).

So if Esprit £50ish, Excel £15ish

Looks like a 7Jx14 E10 to me.  :smoke:

Ged

Upon further investigation its stamped 7JK X 14 FHA-H E-19. I think this makes it a 14". Does that help?

Ok a 7Jx14 E19 then. The 7J is the rim width, the 14 is the diameter and the E19 is the off-set. Esprits of the era used 7Jx14 fronts - I'm not sure what the off-set was though.

Ged