Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Taken delivery of my 2010 NA Evora... - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Taken delivery of my 2010 NA Evora...

auRouge

• Gold FFM

Morning,

Some say all good things come to those who wait... In my case this couldn't be more true.

After purchasing the car in February (Started looking in Jan for an Exige S, drove a few and then fell for the Evora! Found my ideal colour/spec) I delayed taking delivery to coincide with a promotion at work, it was the ultimate tease!

Anyway, I just picked up my 2010 NA Evora from Bell & Colvill and couldn't be happier!

The car has only done 11k miles and has the Sport, Tech, Premium Interior, Forged Alloys and a Lotus Stage One Motorsport Exhaust. I had it fully vetted including a download of its ECU.

The buying experience at B & C was first class and the sales manager Jamie tailored my purchase and ensured every detail was covered. Tbh it was like purchasing a new car and I'd highly recommend them to any prospective purchaser.

Already done 500 miles since picking her up last Thursday, the car is better than I could have hoped for. After spending months reading about the doom and gloom associated with the Evora's niggles I had kind of prepped myself for a frustrating car.

Its early days but so far the reality is a tight, rattle free, surprising quick, sure footed, super comfortable everyday performance car that can only be described as a stunning machine! I was worried that the gearbox would feel loose and indirect... It isn't, in fact the style suits the torquey engine and I love the gun bolt action of it, bit old school but isn't that what's missing in today's desire to over engineer everything (Audi!) and remove the soul that gives character?

The Evora has style, character and poise... Infact if I had to sum up the Evoras first impression in one word it would be "poise".

I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT!!

Cheers,

;-)

post-15194-0-02712800-1369904375.jpg

post-15194-0-67296400-1369904460.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Thank you. The colour gives it a hint of aggressive Motorsport which will look great at Spa.. But won't look naf at Tesco's!

Ive just submitted review for B & C.

• Gold FFM

Very nice! :thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Trackday on Oct 14th... I didn't go last year because I was driving an Abarth 500! But have been many times before with friends and brother. About to book it this year! Anyone here go? It's a great track and brilliant drive over.

• Gold FFM

I'm booking with a group of friends through Goldtrack. I'm not a trackday expert but love going to Spa and Silverstone. The Evora should be great on both tracks.

Congratulations, the Evora is indeed a cracking motor :D

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

Awesome car, brilliant colour choice! Love it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Congratulations and welcome to the fold.  If you could mainly drive northwards from home then it'll keep Evoras rare in my part of Surrey!  Imagine my surprise last weekend when I came up behind another Laser Blue one - gettiing far too common.

Look forward to seeing you at Newlands Corner or one of the other events.

• Gold FFM

Thanks guys, sorry to be cramping your style! ;-))

Tbh I'm surprised there aren't more on the road. Is all I've had for the last couple of days is admiring looks... I even had a transit van giving me the thumbs up :-0! That never happened in my old air cooled 911. A very nice intro to owning a Lotus.

It's Paprika Red indeed and yup it looks a great in the flesh. The photos might look garish to some but in real life it's perfect (for me anyway..) Will defo try to make one of the meets.

Cheers,

A

Edited by auRouge

Mr Rouge, you'd do well to get some experience under your belt before a Goldtrack day. There will be some serious hardware and overtaking on both sides, not ideal novice stuff mate. Just saying.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Bibs,

I think you may have mixed Goldtrack up with another organiser? 90% of the track days I have done have been with Goldtract and the last time I did Spa was also Goldtrack. Always very well organised and always overtaking on the left only with the consent of the driver in front. They tend to be a little more expensive than others and that does bring out the big guns too as you rightly say, but in general I would say they are one of the better organisers with safety to the fore.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

Congrats on the car, I'm sure you'll continue to love it. I'll look at the Goldtrack site for info on Spa.

Trevor.

Mr Rouge, you'd do well to get some experience under your belt before a Goldtrack day. There will be some serious hardware and overtaking on both sides, not ideal novice stuff mate. Just saying.

Bibs,

I think you may have mixed Goldtrack up with another organiser? 90% of the track days I have done have been with Goldtract and the last time I did Spa was also Goldtrack. Always very well organised and always overtaking on the left only with the consent of the driver in front. They tend to be a little more expensive than others and that does bring out the big guns too as you rightly say, but in general I would say they are one of the better organisers with safety to the fore.

Trevor.

Hey Bibs,

Sorry didn't give much away earlier, I said I was a novice as I consider my ability to be average but I have done a track-day or two! This was me going round the "BusStop" at Spa in my brothers old Elise Sports Racer in 2006. That was an awesome car!

I've been to Spa on 5 occasions..Driving various cars like the Elise, a Cockster S, Vantage, R8 and best of all a mates Radical SR3, Silverstone a couple of times (last year driving a rented Megan Cup).. N-Ring many times since my mid 20s! I also did Carlimits with Andy Walsh back in 2006 after Spa in an S2000. Jamie at B &C recommended a Level 2 Lotus Licence course at HQ so I'm in the process of negotiating a day off with the wife so I can do that this summer before Spa.

I'd love to do more but there very expensive and ultimately the wear and tear starts to add up as you replace disks etc if your driving properly. The Evora can handle a bit ragging I'm sure without to much expensive wear and tear as its a lightish Lotus, but I'm not going to use it regularly on a track as i dont want spoil its flawless body (still considering a wrap for the front!) So basically going to do Spa and Silverstone this year but tbh be very very slow and just enjoy the experience and let the big guns burn past! I will be driving faster than on the road so I can see what the Evora can do performance wise but know my limits!

Trevor - http://www.goldtrack.co.uk/track-days#Oct2013

Like you say very organised and strict with regards to dangerous driving/overtaking etc as it affects there insurance. It's safe and I'd recommend them as its open pit lane so people tend to take there time, not rush and drive well.

post-15194-0-49869100-1370162552.jpg

Edited by auRouge

Au rouge,

When are you doing Silverstone? I usually do evenings there with Goldtrack and possibly on the 11th this month.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

Hi Trevor,

Away up north with work that week unfortunately.

Normally do a full day, so if the weather is crud we get on eventually! An evening event could be a total loss if its raining. Although I'm not oppose to the idea ;-)

I'm going to use Toyo's for the handful of track days I do and there a bit errr scary when its proper wet!

I can relate to these feelings about the car also.  Bought my NA IPS in Starlight Black in October (just before the most rotten winters ever).  LOVE IT, LOVE IT more than I could have ever imagined.  Fitted winter tyres in November and felt safer in this than my wife's XC90 in the snow.  

Never knowing what the reaction of other road users would be I have been blown away by the number of thumbs up and people letting me out.  Seems that everyone loves it.  Best one I saw was a jogger running past, catching a glimpse, stopping but continuing to run on the spot whilst looking, running back to the rear of the car to see what it was and then jogging slowly past again.

Now the weather's great it's 'any excuse'.