Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
It's British. Yeah Baby. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

It's British. Yeah Baby.

I picked up this old Jaguar XK8 a few months ago as a winter project as the Esprit is all sorted ( for now ) . The mechancial bits are all done now and it runs like a dream.  As it's the Queens Birthday coming up and the paintwork was looking a bit sad, I thought i would be fun to give it a face lift. What do you reckon - Shagadelic or what ?   It will be for sale later in the year at the All British Car Show in Sydney if anyone's interested. :huh:

post-5938-0-77079800-1370234294.jpg

post-5938-0-86364600-1370234307.jpg

post-5938-0-98805700-1370234320.jpg

Too many Toys are never enough !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Oh behave! Love it.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

james-hunt-car_410.jpg

Always liked the Hesketh colous, very British yet subtle. Never was a Mike Myres fan.

But good luck with it, when is the British show ?

• Like 1

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Awesome. What can I say, it shouts "Do you think I'm sexy baby? YEAH!"

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

They used an XK8 convertable in a later movie too, it's a fine line between tacky and fun ( Just like Austin Powers ) but the paintwork needed covering up and it was an easy solution. I  used Avery Dennison SC900 vinyl which is guaranteed not to fade for 8 years and apparently peels off quite easily with a heat-gun.  Fingers crossed !

It certainly puts people into two camps, you either like it or you don't.  I havn't decided yet, but I have a heat-gun in the garage just in case.  We have three British cars now, the red Esprit Turbo, blue XK8 and a white Landrover. We have found that the biggest advantage is that we don't accidentally switch on the windscreen wipers when changing between cars. :smoke:

Too many Toys are never enough !

• Gold FFM

I really like that. :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

It certainly puts people into two camps, .

Camp is probably the right word.  When I was university a long time ago such as when you could still buy new Lotus Elan Sprints, a mate had a Mini Countryman with a Union Jack paint job and "Paul' patriotic passion wagon" written on the sides.

I like it.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I love it!   Perfectly tacky!  :P  :)

Make sure you enter it in some time trials/TSD rallies, parades, tours, etc.!   :)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE