free hit
counters
S1 "ESPRIT" Decals - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
winners

S1 "ESPRIT" Decals

Hi, anyone know where you can get genuine copies of the decals for the rear sides of the S1. My cars in for re-spray and I was going to get them from SJ but on speaking to Matt Watts he's not sure they're quite correct.

Cheers

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Oh that's bad news as they're on my shopping list.

Paul.

Ive bought some from sj Ill check and see if I can tell the difference. There was someone on ebay a while ago selling car decals and advertised as being able to produce anything if he had a pattern...

Forgot to say but if you go on the link above to their website, tap lotus into their search engine-

so many variations, they even do the early lotus decal for the panel between the pop up lights...

Its also worth trying Mike at Lotusbits - he has a guy on site that has remanufactured decals. Dont know if he has done the S1 ones yet but you could try. The 'styled by' and the front compartment one I had were great.

These guys also do decals - the ones I had for the rear of my S3 were bang on. They may be able to do the ones you want if you ask.

http://www.awsigndesign.co.uk/lotus.html

Thanks for info guys.  Can I ask one more favour. 

As I was expecting to get the decals from SJ, I measured where they were on the car and took photos but didn't measure the actual decal as I assumed whatever I ordered would be correct.  Could someone please give me the dimmensions of the decal!!!! 

I can compare what they look like compared to my photos of the original but not what size they are.

Ta

Mark

The esprit decals from SJ are 200mm long 50mm high at the "p" and"i" and 35mm high for the other letters.

I havent put mine on yet as I still have to get the lacquer coat polished.

Ive compared them to a picture in one of my many books and the letters might overlap more on SJs version but I wouldnt have noticed otherwise and I doubt anyone else would apart from maybe a devout espritgeek. I dont think Ill bin my £40s worth of stickers for that possible discrepancy. Ive just drilled the 11 holes in the tailgate for the chrome letters......hopefully theyre right?

On the subject of decals where does the wheel and tyre sticker go under the bonnet?

Phil