free hit
counters
S1 vs S2 for £11k - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DAV1D

S1 vs S2 for £11k

I'm toying with the idea of getting an Elise a year earlier than planned. I'd like to spend around £10 or £11k and I was only really thinking of getting a late S1 but I'd like to know from you guys if you think an Early S2 would be a better option?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There was a very good article in Evo magazine last month reviewing all the variants of the Elise which compared the S1 to the S2.

Not that I'm biased of course but one headline was "then the S1 turned up and immediately stole the show.." :whistle:

There's a lot to be said for the purity of the S1, but then the S2 does feature a lot of advances developed into the car. Your getting the same engine in both all the same. 

What about an earlier S1 but different edition, perhaps a 111S or even you'll be looking at Sport 135's too. 

Had the same dilema when buying mine (although it was for a nearly new S2 vs very last S1).

Went for the S2 based on looks - I am in the minority that thinks the S2 looks better.  Really depends on what you want from the car.

I am sure though the S1 will be a better long term bet though as good ones become rarer.

My S2 is a very early car, only 20k miles, immaculate and yet was only valued around £9k for my insurance a couple of years ago.

S1 without doubt, better than money in the bank.

Saw that one Bibs. If I had the money now I would probably jump on it. Just need to find a way to get rid of the Abarth first.

S1 without doubt, better than money in the bank.

I think I am leaning that way. In my opinion the S1 is the prettier car and it is the one I've always hankered after. Plus like you say they are a good investment unlike a lot of cars these days.

I like the look of the later cars best but there is something about the S1 that people love. By all accounts and reviews its a great car, even now compared to the newer cars. 

Look forward to having another Norfolk car around!

Buddsy

Look forward to having another Norfolk car around!

Buddsy

It will be good to join the other local Lotus'. I've seen quite a few over the last couple of days weirdly.

I would think the only to way to know was to drive some S1s and some S2s and decide which you prefer.  The S2 is a little less pure but a little more practical so it comes down to personal choice, I think.

Saw that the other day. Lose the spoiler and it would be lovely. Gotta get rid of my Abarth first and then I'll be hunting for real. Got an Evora SR for two days next month so that'll quench my need for a Lotus for now :-)

I think I may have seen your car parked outside Toys r us  on the road couple weeks back?

Buddsy

Doubt it was mine... Don't think I've parked it there before. 

My aim for next week is to get the car advertised.