free hit
counters
lotus esprit s2 jps restoration... help - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
jetgus

lotus esprit s2 jps restoration... help

friends, nice to meet you, im from argentina, i found 35 years old esprit jps to restaurate, i need to buy parts, interiors, glasses, rubber doors parts,  many many.... anyone can helpme to find parts?

really thank you 

gustavo 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

friends, nice to meet you, im from argentina, i found 35 years old esprit jps to restaurate, i need to buy parts, interiors, glasses, rubber doors parts,  many many.... anyone can helpme to find parts?

really thank you 

gustavo 

Welcome to the world of Esprit ownership. Sounds like a great challenge. Where in the world are you based?

Welcome to TLF Gus. :welcome:

I have moved your topic into the Wanted section.

You should also duck over to the Introductions thread and say hi in there.

Any other questions or issues, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

Great to hear of another JPS being saved Gus, ROW 020 has been lost for a long time so good to hear it has resurfaced in Buenos Aires. A lot of parts are common with the standard S2 so you should be able to source them easily. In the USA JAE, Dave Bean, RDent and Sports Car World are good sources for spares. Lotusbits in the UK has lots of secondhand parts and Steve at SJ is very helpful and a good source for hard to finds bits.

Your car needs more work than mine but I detailed what I've done and where the bits came from at http://www.jpsesprit.com/Blog.htm  All the best with the rebuild.

Roo

Federal JPS # 010

www.jpsesprit.com

I wonder how that car got all the way down there?

I wonder how that car got all the way down there?

Ship.

Surprisingly there are a lot of English cars in that part of the world. Just across the estuary in Uruguay you find all manner of them. There's a wrecking yard up in the mountains that has a few hundred different Brits in various states of repair. A mates family found an Aston, a Jag and various Lotus abandoned in the basement of an old house they had rented out to a foreign embassy.

Roo

Edited by v8vantage

DEARSSSSSS

THANK YOU  VERY MUCH TO ALL OF YOU ....

REALLY , I CANT BEALIVE IT, I FOUND DECALS....AND MANY PARTS.... YOU ARE THE BEST....

NOW.

this car arrived here 35 years a go, i think somebody rich man , bought to a import car company and show in a fair, he crashed and leave in a wherehouse, remember 35 years a go .. no internet.... so the man abandon this car for 35 years.... BUTTT, 

when I was young, some friend of my father arrived to my house, with THIS CAR.... BRAND NEW.... so I tracked this car for more than 30 years.... and  I FOUNDDD IT.... its a dream for me.... 

again, thank you very much for your help..... nice people

gus

Gustavo. Start putting pictures up here of your car, what you need etc, here's a pointer or 2 for parts:

These are the parts that are pretty much exclusive to the JPS model. The rest are standard S2 parts to the best of my knowledge:

http://www.v8vantage.com/jpsesprit/JPS%20Images/Commemorative%20Model%20JPS%20part%20numbers.pdf

Some wheels on here and a clutch slave cylinder:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/lotus-esprit-s2?_trksid=p2047675.m2392

Search e-bay in UK and USA and check for any "Breakers" in the for sale sections as sometimes here in the UK they break the cars apart and sell the parts separately.,

Hey Kimbers,

did you ever raid your dad's photo album and find the pictures of the JPS Esprits when they were being built?

Roo

www.jpsesprit.com

Noooooooo......Going through it all now bud.

Gus

I have merged your 2 topics as they were the same. Please see above a couple of links I posted in the other topic.

When you get some pictures please feel free to start a New Topic in the "Restoration and projects" section showing us all what it looks like and how things are going.

If you look at this Topic you can see how people love to read about a project and watch it come together! And the advice people give!

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/13631-b72-foe-restoration-begins/

dear, 

I understand , and thank you to move my topic , 

now is ok ,and i Understood.

rgds.

gustavo