free hit
counters
removing the fuel pump 1994 S4 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
espritmania

removing the fuel pump 1994 S4

Hi ,taken out both tanks.The passenger side is good but the drivers side with the fuel pump looks slightly suspect.How do I remove the pump,is there a guide on how to do it anywhere.Cheers Paul G.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Spray the locking ring with a lubricant like WD-40, and then tap the ring around to unlock it. I use a flat head screwdriver with duct tape on the tip to prevent slipping and sparking.

Sorted thanks,tank in a terrible state,going to have to get the base welded.Good job I checked the tanks while the engine was out,removing the tanks with the engine out is not for the faint hearted .  I'd hate to do it with the engine in!!

Shot blast, resin line the inside and lead load the outside where its pin holed...that will sort it. I wouldnt weld it...its an easy enough job

Oh, use a new sealing ring on the pump regardless..infact, as youve gone to all this trouble why not replace the pump for an uprated new one, for peace of mind as its alk out its a,lot lot easier...even though your pump may be working fine now, its an annoying job in situ changing and getting the retaining ring to seat down straight while lying over the plenum...

Thanks,fuel pump been up graded,will line the tank and paint next week.Cheers.