free hit
counters
new member just saying hi - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

new member just saying hi

H7XLH

i used to be a member on scottish elises but that seems to have died a death and vanished.

after a gap of 4 years i've moved back to lotus from porsche. the cayman i've just sold was frankly soulless and although a technically very good car just didn't excite, although it was very comfy.

what i had forgotten about in the 4 years away from lotus is the amount of attention you get driving these cars! admittedly i have a chrome orange exige s so hardly understated but still.

anyway it's good to be back driving a car that's clearly designed by people who love cars and love driving not by some german scientist at a computer crunching numbers all day.

cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good choice of cars and totally awesome! I miss mine something rotten!

Welcome to the forum and it's good to have you here. Feel free to comment and get involved in any section that floats your boat! We have everything from driving threads, to technical and F1 and even stuff like Chatting about laws and politics if that's what you are into!.

If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome to TLF :)

Spot on with the Caymen. Typically Germanic in it's a fantastic car but they forget to engineer in any 'fun'. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

We have several Porsche threads where this is a common theme.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome to TLF Chris. :welcome:

And yet if I had to get rid of my S4, I would seriously consider a porsche.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Welcome :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Hi Chris,

Welcome.  :thumbsup:  Did Brandon or Craig at MMC push you this way? 

Scottish Elises is far from dead!  It is simply scottishelises.com :secret: I know there used to be another website before my time on there.  Many of the Jock brigade are on SE as well as here and we meet together every month.  We also have a free invite even if not signed uop member to the Club Lotus gatherings at Bo-ness every 2nd Wed of the month at 8pm at the Motor Museum there.

Hop over to the regional section on this forum and look for LEGS.. That is the whole of Scotland section and very active in many areas.  Brian (Bingoking) and myself being your regional organisers.  There is also a sub forum for the NE corner of Gods favourite driving country. :whistle:  :driving:

We try and meet on the 1st Sunday of every month for 'The Breakfast Club' so look out over on LEGS for info on that.  Having said that our meeting this month is the 16th June for various reasons so come along and say hi and let us see your car. It is in The Grassmarket in Edinburgh and stick your name on the list.

We have a PM system to warn you of anything so if you wish Brian will add you to the distribution list.

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Welcome to the forum! 

I, too, share an admiration for Porsche and a passion for Lotus.  I've had various forms of 944s as daily drivers since the 1990s (currently a 944S2).  I've been wondering whether I would eventually move to a Cayman or an Evora as my S2's replacement.  I had the opportunity to drive both recently, and as much as I admire the Cayman, it may just as well have been a Buick or a Kia in terms of excitement.  The Evora, on the other hand, felt like something special every moment, even just sitting it it.  :)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the replys folks 

sorry for taking so long to get back on the forum but i've put 3k on the car since i posted this hello post! only just got permission to put my private reg on the car so if you see my forum name on an orange exige that's me!

i'm about to post in the "why's my lotus not working forum" lol help required!! 

have to say tho even though it's been broken for the past few days i've still enjoyed trying to fix it, i know that's probably messed up but, at least i can SEE the engine in this car and there's obviously mechanical bits to it!!

chris

• Like 1