free hit
counters
Today's useless fact... I may have James Bond's gearbox - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Paul Coleman

Today's useless fact... I may have James Bond's gearbox

My S1 Esprit is chassis number 129G, so 30th off the production line and a very early car from September 1976. James Bond's car is 122G and therefore 7 before mine. The gearbox of the S1 is also stamped with a number and I have 22, which was presumably going to go with chassis number 122. So, although I don't have his car, I do like to think I might just have his gearbox hahaha

Paul.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You may well be right. My car is 2013 but some of the parts, I think the bumper and at least one of the light pods are marks as something esle 2024 or something. When I spoke to Brian Angus he said when a car was going down the production line if there was something not quite right with a part, maybe bad paint etc they would just take a part from a car further down the line. Painted parts obviously would be raided from a car the same colour. So maybe the bond car had a gearbox issue and they took one from a car further down the line maybe yours? Then I guess they would have to get the part looked at and maybe put that one into yours?

All very cool to have part of the Bond story tied up in your Bond car! There isn't a 007 no. anywhere is there!!!

Buddsy

I've got a couple of bits from 188G on my car as well. So it's a bit of a mish-mash and I suspect all the cars are like this.

James Bond's not having his gearbox back either!

Paul.

Edited by Paul Coleman

:hrhr:

"Look what Q has brought us, isnt it nice? Oh its got Paul Colman's gear box"

Buddsy

• Like 1

Mmmm bit whiney, take it off, lob it over there, I will get some sawdust in the morning and we can chuck it back in another car

My chassis is 235G, so 135 off the line and gearbox is 0123. They must have had a lot of duff gearboxes to follow that numbering scheme!