Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I hoped I'd never see the day.... - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

I hoped I'd never see the day....

Rick Edwards

It looks like it can be anywhere from a little over $100 through our postal service (Express Mail in about 5 days) to $170-200 by Fedex. The challenge is in the packaging, these thing must have depleted uranium in them, it weighs about 20 lbs! If you're interested in it, PM me the details and I can probably get it out early next week.

:cheers:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As I sit here with a thunder storm rumbling overhead I can only assume I will get my car back in the next day or so....I was wondering....is the AC compressor from something else that will be at least 50% cheaper like a Renault 25 or something?

Twitter @radioRedwards

I have the AC compressor that I removed from my S4 when the engine came out in 2011, as I converted my AC rad to the chargecooler rad. No idea if it works or not as my AC was out of gas so never used it.

PM me if you're interested and I'm sure we can sort something out.

Nick.

Thanks for that...i may well be in touch. I am waiting to know if the "fix" he has done has worked....

I visited today and it starts!!! I am only a day or so away from driving it away. I have to say it sounds like a different engine now and having all new pipes, jubilee clips, bolts and a clean engine has got me excited all over again....like getting a new car.

840a9c3abb78eb245e1b8db50be5b2f4.jpg

• Like 1

Twitter @radioRedwards

I had the call!!!!!!! collection late tonight........I feel almost as excited as when i got it 4 years ago. Almost nervous to drive it again....probably in case i break it LOL

• Like 2

Twitter @radioRedwards

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm slightly gutted to report that the current economic climate has claimed another victim and I am being forced to sell my pride and joy. This really is about the hardest decision ever to make but needs must. After cleaning I will be posting in the classifieds

Twitter @radioRedwards

Thanks. At least the new owner will be getting a totally sorted car and can see that it happened on here. I have never felt physically sick at preparing a car for sale before. End of a dream

Twitter @radioRedwards

PM me matey, how much do you want?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• 4 weeks later...

When an earlier economic disaster hit me, I also decided the Lotus had to go. A pre sale inspection revealed that the paint on the rear LH corner needed attention.....a few days effort, probably. Very soon she was as depicted in the upper "before" photo on the left.....! So, no sale there, then. 5 years later she was as depicted in the lower, "after" photo...and I still have her. Circumstances seem to have a way of getting the right result, regardless.....!

Hope things improve fast enough that selling won't be needed....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein