free hit
counters
Sensitive alarm? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

As the proud owner for all of 6 days now I've had the alarm go off twice without any obvious reason for doing so. Both times it was sitting in the drive. The first time it was at about 10pm and then again, just now, 5pm in the evening. Are the alarms a bit sensitive? I'm getting paranoid about it going off in the middle of the night now.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Had you been out to it at some point after locking it up and say going back to it to open boot to put shopping in or get something or open door for something but then not put your key in the ignition?

I have had that problem and so have others I know.  It is a PITA.  Trick if that was the case is if you ever unlock it for some reason put the key in the ignition briefly and turn to 1st position and then take back out and lock up as usual.  No more spurious alarms.  I can't remember the reson why it happens but was described to me years ago.  I turn key to 1st position but not sure that bit is required. 

TADTS :guitar:

• Like 1

:thumbsup:  The joys of Lotus ownership!

This isn't a case of TADTS, it's a problem with the alarm. I had 5 Evoras and none of them had this problem.

By turning the key on you're resetting the alarm, eg hiding the symptoms. There's a chance there's a short in your siren or a problem with the microwave sensor. Lotus are aware of some cases of this happening, make sure you tell your dealer as it's more than likely going to be fixed under your warranty.

:)

• Like 1

I quoted the dealer Bibs.  Granted about 2 years old info.  There are plenty of them doing it as I remember it happening at quite a few of our LEGS meets in the early days before we all passed on the tip.  It hasn't happened to me in couple of years -  but then it wouldn't as I always do the above!

That's info today from Lotus Al, from a field service engineer who knows more about Evora problems than us or any dealer tech.

I was down at Lotus looking at a 2013 Sport Racer and the salesman done the unlock, cycle ignition, lock trick on it aswell to save the alarm going off..

That's info today from Lotus Justin, from a field service engineer who knows more about Evora problems than us or any dealer salesman.

:)

Open my car now and again and re-lock it with no key in ignition and never had it go off as a result

As Bibs says its not a feature of the alarm and probably a short (that is a common fault).