free hit
counters
water level sensor - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
paul.p

water level sensor

hi would a faulty coolant level sensor cause code 26? also should the relays get hot? any help appreciated

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A faulty coolant level sensor will not cause a code 26 error as this error relates to ecu outputs (and the coolant level sensor is not an input to the ecu).  Relays can get warm but shouldn't be hot (but humans aren't very good thermometers and so it's subjective).

hi thanks for that , back to the drawing board on code 26

I would say that the coolant level can definitely trigger a code 26 *somehow* :question: - just had this for about the third time

1st time - that weird manky float thing in the header tank gunged up and had to be rattled free whilst immersed in hot water. CEL went away

2nd time - engine lost coolant through a drip in the chargecooler pipes, filled up and CEL/c26 went away

3rd time (today) - engine lost coolant through taking chargecooler pipes off and I stupidly forgot to bleed the system by the top plug whilst topping up, so even though the coolant light stayed off the level dropped a little each time the car was started. Now it's bled, topped up and no CEL/c26! (I hope forever)

Is your low coolant light not coming on? If it isn't maybe that's why you're getting the error code.