free hit
counters
looking to change the bee sting aerial to a shark fin one. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
espritmania

looking to change the bee sting aerial to a shark fin one.

Hi ,I am looking to change the aerial on my S4 to a shark fin one.I notice that you need one with an earth.Has anybody done this,if so where is the best place to get one.Cheers.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

the standard bee sting needs an earth too mate so it uses the cable back to the radio . i thought about this and think the shark fin looks gay . it wont give you better reception if your after a different look just take it out and fit dab you can have an internal glass mount better reception and none of the drama .

As other have done, I fitted a DAB ready aerial under the roof. Dont need to remove the lining for this, just the trim at the sides. Works better than any car aerial I have had. 

Fill those holes!!!

Hmmm,it was just a thought.I am not that fussed but the rubber gasket is perished.Can you get them or do I need a new aerial??

It's a vauxhall tigra/calibra/agila one if you have the oval one, let me dig out where I bought my replacement last nov, also added a stubby ariel too. Works fine on fm , rubbish on mw for five live etc

i got mine off e-bay

here are a couple of current adverts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMPLIFIED-ROOF-AERIAL-BASE-VAUXHALL-CALIBRA-CAVALIER-/300416348737?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item45f235b241

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REPLACEMENT-ROOF-AERIAL-BASE-VAUXHALL-COMBO-CAVALIER-/290415215176?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item439e188248

Not very expensive.

You can just get the rubber gasket replacement of ebay too, but i swapped the whole thing as the cone was marked/perishing.

Don't bother, they are rubbish, I have one fitted. I think mines a Mercedes version, it's no better than a normal aerial.

Thanks,not bothered about reception,just want it to fit the same.

What is the connection called that is fitted to the Ariel,it does not look the same as the Vauxhall one.Can you get an adaptor ??

The Lotus one screws in instead of the push fit type,will i have a problem.

Edited by espritmania

Gordon Masson had a stack of rubber grommets for the bee-sting once over, if for any reason they are hard to get from Vauxparts or similar

Pretty sure when i changed my gasket it was a vw one and the smaller bee sting suits the car better

here is my new aerial base with bee sting

post-2255-0-38510100-1371147752.jpg

post-2255-0-15541500-1371147763.jpg

Can we see more pictures of the strips Alex, they look great.

Where is the bolt located for the aerial and how do I get to it?

the retaining bolt for the aerial is on the boot lid just in front of the glass