free hit
counters
Engine issues...3 weeks out of warranty! - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tex Gore

Engine issues...3 weeks out of warranty!

Unfortunately....the dealer wasn't interested in helping, and Lotus aren't responding to my emails.  Never mind, here's the issue:

Very poor idling in my 2010 Evora NAS.  Lumpy and almost stalls, then revs itself back up again.  Sometimes it does stall.  Engine light on and sometimes the spanner light too.  My basic code reader tells me that it's 'too rich on both banks'.  I've had the car regularly serviced at the Lotus dealer so not sure what the issue could be.  At higher revs it's absolutely fine, although it does seem a little heavier on fuel now.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

TG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds like an O2 sensor issue to me. Have you had any of them replaced?

I don't believe so but I have only owned the car for the last year or so.  Is that a big/expensive job? 

Does a workshop manual exist for the Evora?  I own several landrovers so spanners and oil are things I live with every ruddy day.

I'm pretty sure it's on this site...

http://vsi.lotuscars.com

Pay €5 and you get an hour to download as much as you like :)

Just happened with me too, but more terminally, as in complete engine loss. Will turn over on the key and catch, but anything less than 3000 rpm and it just dies. Engine light on constantly, spanner light did come on initially.

Car loaded on flat bed and taken off to local garage for more diagnostics in the morning.

Middle of Brittany, so not sure what my options are yet. Thank goodness I took out that recovery insurance.

Ouch! If there's anything I can do to help,please say!

Thanks Bibs. Just found the ECU reflash procedure elsewhere, will work on translating that into French by the morning.

Fingers crossed.

If you get stuck, get in touch ASAP, Lotus close at 12:30 on Friday. 

They'd have to be a pigeon in there to cause those symptoms.

+1 on Justin182's recommendation.. Additionally on top of cleaning the Throttle Body, clean the MAF sensor as well.

Both are very easy to do.. I had idling issues (near stalling)  as well and it went away after I did these two things.

good luck and let us know if it helped.

Thanks guys. Well the ECU reflash doesn't appear to have done anything ( but thanks for posting that Squidward)

In true Gallic style, maybe it eez this, maybe it eez that.

Anyway, the Evora is going to have an extended holiday in France waiting for re-patriation by Europe Assistance.

I'm now waiting for a hire car to be delivered ( who knows when!)

C'est la vie.

They'd have to be a pigeon in there to cause those symptoms.

It sounds almost exactly like the problems I had at one point, and it was down to the throttle body.

I stand corrected. Sounds very delicate. How come they are so susceptible to a bit of gunk?

I'll let you know the final official diagnosis when the car gets delivered to Lotus Hedge End in a week or so.

Ps Renault Clio Diesels are incredibly frugal, but no fun at all !

...the dealer wasn't interested in helping

Interesting, would go to another dealer.