free hit
counters
Mileage - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hopo

Mileage

Its that dreaded time of year again.... insurance renewal time. I have a whole list of companies ive just rung round only to find they cannot provide cover, or that its astranomical!

This year ive had to settle for a limited mileage policy and was looking at the approximate miles i did last year.

So in general how many miles do you put on your car in a year?

I know for some it will be depressingly low!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm on a limited mileage policy. So far, I'm at 2300 of 3000 after 6 months.

Not sure if its possible to 'buy' more miles. Might just tell my company that I'll move elsewhere unless they give me some more for free (after finding another company first of course)

Edited by slewthy

Policy is for 5000 a year; I do about 3000.

I used to have a 4k limited mileage policy.

Simon, yes, give them a call and they will increase your payments or there will be a small charge to increase (I had to do it on my Exige).

I am on 8k from Admiral and reasonable cost - I easily did 5k last year so upped it a bit. 

Given the annual servicing costs irrespective of mileage I don't want to think about this..

5k with Classicline, generally doing upwards of 4k.

Footman & James - Unlimited mileage & 3 track days a year. Have done 3000 miles already this year,

I was with Footman on an unlimited get up but they have refused cover upon renewal as one car has to live on the road. i loved not having to worry about mileage.

Now with Classicline on a 5k polcy for each car. will have to spread the love. Did 5700 odd in the turbo last year and dunno about the Na as it spent a huge amount of time knackered....

I'm on 1K at the mo as I did this so I could get MOt, cambelt done etc I can extend to 3K which is loads for what i do

I'm on 5k with classic line, trying to keep the cars mileage low so other than a whiz round the block now and then it'll only go out for special occasions thus only done 1300 miles this insurance year.

My last limited mileage policy I paid for - any unused mileage I had effectivly paid for, they let me carry over to the next year if I hadn't used it.