free hit
counters
Spring cleaning lamp pods! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Ok so here's a heads up guys and gals, only cleared out my pods 2 months ago due to the winter weather!

Well due to the crap summer we've had so far thought I'd check out the pods again! One was full of water again so cleaned it out again and the others one was collecting crap again.

If your car has been out over the British summer we've had, I suggest you all check yours ASAP.

So let us know if yours are full too!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

When I had the pods out of mine I opened the holes up to 1" and fibreglassed the plywood that was exposed.

Waxing the inside of the pod helps. Matt, have you been parking under a tree, this is a once every 5 years kinda job!

No not under a tree but there is one oppersit me and it produces those pipe cleaner shaped seeds that seem to get everywhere!

Thanks for the tip Bibs will do! Well I have cleaned them out twice this year, and once last year, so think it will be a six month thing until I get a garage!

Might there be a restriction in the pipework under the pod stopping water/muck from flowing away. Worth a check

Last summer after a trip to a very wet CarFest I suffered a very unusual problem: whenever I drove the car there were streaks of what looked like white emulsion down the left side of the car – investigation revealed that they appeared to originate from the near side lamp pod.

Further investigation revealed what look like tiny bits of papier-mâché strewn inside the luggage compartment. One of which was big enough to read and that’s when we figured out what had happened:

My car lives in the garage with its nose pointing towards the doors, in one of which is the letter box, and it seems that an errant envelope had, when pushed through the letter box, not dropped, but instead flown a couple of feet or so and dropped at just the right angle to fall unnoticed down the back of the pod. (You couldn't repeat it if you tried...)

Then, after two days in the rain the envelope had disintegrated sufficiently to block the drains and had gradually dissolved into a white paste to be distributed by the air flow. Lovely…

Is there supposed to be pipe work as mine was just a 1/2" hole drilled through the bottom into the rad intake area.