free hit
counters
"Lotus 'Back on the road to recovery'" - The Sun - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

"Lotus 'Back on the road to recovery'" - The Sun

The UK's premier motoring journal 'The Sun' has a story in today's issue as per the title.

In summary, so far this year they've sold 543 cars (80 in the UK) and DRB have put £100m into the company. Production is ramping up to 40-50 cars per week and Aslam is quoted as saying:

"Over the past year we have not only put Lotus back onto firm foundations, but we are strengthening engineering, productivity, efficiency and quality.

The company is moving in the right direction.

The investment is worth it to ensure the future of one of the world's premier car marques".

Perhaps some of what we discussed in Hedge End touched a synapse but it's good to hear good news, fingers crossed this is the green shoots of new growth for Lotus. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Excellent news thanks Bibbo!

I do hope so, it would be such a shame if Bahar had f£$%^ it for EVERY car enthusiast the world over.  :thumbsup:

Bibs

Are we likely to get a write up from your Hedge End discussion - I keep looking!

Cheers

john

I did the Hethel factory tour on Wednesday and the place was humming, 200 cars per month was mentioned. All cars now undergo a 15 mile road test and the newborn Lotus is swaddled in protective black clingfilm from the waist down to protect the paint from stone chipping. Only 'new' car was the Exige Roadster, the factory demo was being prepped whilst we were there. Not even a whiff of a new Esprit.

It'll be in the design studio, they wouldn't have it in the production area.

I have heard there will be a new platform launched in 2015 but the person who told me refused to elaborate further. He did say it was realistic though.

Positive news ... *faints*  Great stuff, hopefully a few more motoring journalists might get in on the act!  :D

"He also announced that a new variant of Lotus will be launched next month. "

Could this finally be the Evora Cabrio?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves cause if the Evora cabrio is released in a month my good credit will plummet...

i have no idea how much i can get from my pretty much unused Pajero... but it won't cover it.

What about a glass roof Evora, like the one seen on the 400E or more realistically an Exige V6 based new Eleven!

200 cars a month that would be around 2400 cars for this year then, and I'm guess mostly Evoras and Exiges which both generate bigger margins... Well done Lotus...

Edited by NedaSay

That's very good news indeed, funny how we can be personally involved with this company!

As for the new model, they may be refer to the Exige roadster (?)

Is the official presentation planned in Goodwood?

Edited by FredP

I like this bit:

Meanwhile, Khamil who is also Proton Holdings Bhd chairman, confirmed reports that the national carmaker will collaborate with Honda Motor Co.

Please, please let this year be a positive one and not another one filled with disappointing results and failed ventures. I long for the day when I get to educate someone on the origins of the new Esprit. Release the new Esprit and make it a goodie. I have faith.

Edited by GavinS1

It would be great to see the Esprit be a dynamic hyper sports car that can outclass much more expensive cars.  That will give Lotus an edge.  But they still need to make sure their drive line delivers in spades (gearbox namely)

Edited by Bentzion

"This is Honda's first collaborative agreement with another original equipment manufacturer and it would like to keep things under wraps," he said.

Hum What did he meant by this is Honda first collaborative effort!?  Didn't Honda and Rover collaborate on cars in a not so old past:  the Rover 214, 414, 25, 45, 75 and were based on Honda Civic and Accord were they not! 

Guest surferphil

Hurray!  Pages and pages of doom and gloom posts on this forum and finally some good news :).

:guitar: