free hit
counters
New Pics of 165H - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
gtookey

New Pics of 165H

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Absolutely gorgeous -- especially that interior!    I didn't care too much for yellow S1s until I saw your car!

- T

Cheers Tony, it's been way too long since you last saw it. I'm working on a plan.

Lovely, just lovely!

Engine is a joy.

Tell me, why is one fuel cap yellow, the other black?

Also, why two door 'open' switches in the dash on the passenger side?

Just curious.

Si

Yes looks great. Nice interior too. I Love it!

Buddsy  :thumbsup:

Hi Simon,

Assume that at sometime the original got lost or stolen or  busted. I have considered getting it repainted but view it as being part of the history of the car.  I have some photographs dating back about 15 years and the black filler cap is there. It's one of the unique bits about 165H, along with the interior. I know a number of people have recognized the car from the black filler cap. Maybe one day I'll get it painted.

Pass on the second open door switch. Don't have the wiring diagram to hand. Maybe TK can enlighten us.

Gav

No, I would keep the black cap - as you say, its history. It does look meant. 

Could it be an ejector seat switch? Lovely car. I also love the interior. Keep the cap as is - its part of its history!

One switch is for the interior lamp;  the other makes the Pektron buzzer make noise when  you open the door with the key in the ignition.   :)

That really is stunning Gavin! Whatever the 'plan' is that you are working towards, it's a good 'un. :thumbup:

Purple seat belts?

Gavin, I hope your 'plan' is to show up on SATURDAY, JULY 13TH AT THE CAR PARTY IN CLEVELAND!!!  

(ALL TLF MEMBERS ARE INVITED!!)  :w00t:

p.s. . . . engine still looks great!

Thanks for the kind words gents.

Tony, 2400 miles round trip. That's a lot for the old girl but not undo able I'm sure. Have to see what happens during the next week or so.

Gavin -- I've done Cleveland to Miami twice in an S1 (about 2500 miles round trip), and Toledo to Celebration (Orlando) twice (about 2300 miles round trip) . . .  and loved every minute of it!  :w00t:

On the Miami trips, taken in 260H, I had no issues.  This was in the early 2000s.  I kept waiting for something to happen, and it never did!   On the Orlando trips, taken in 454H, I had a wire going to the coil break when I was already down in Celebration, on the morning of the rally.  Turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as I spent the morning hanging out with Scott Walker instead of driving like a madman around central Florida!

The best part of the trip was about half way through, in either direction, powering through the hills and mountains in Tennessee -- the 907 really loves running at 4000rpm (:whistle:), and after doing it for hours on end, coming in to a fuel station, hearing the car idle -- it sounded and felt better hours into a long, high speed drive than it ever does in everyday driving around town!

I packed a thorough tool kit every time -- I call it a "Murphy's Law" tool kit, because anything I bring tools and spares for is guaranteed NOT to break!   :P    I think I'm going to start a thread in the tech section on the tool kit I packed for emergency . . .

Hope to see you in a couple of weeks . . . .

- T