free hit
counters
Sticky Clutch Pedal - Page 3 - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I should probably update this thread as the last couple of posts are misleading - last summer I changed the master and slave together with the O2 sensor. The O2 sensor failed at the same time as the cheapo slave cylinder leading me to believe there was a connection (see a separate forum thread for The O2 Saga)

So to make it clear to any readers:

Stalling issues were not due to clutch drag but due to a crappy aftermarket O2 sensor (BUY GENUINE PARTS!!!!)

The cheapo Land Rover 7 quid slave also failed within a week - so..BUY GENUINE!!!

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No weird noises coming from the gearbox/clutch that I know of, but I can check with someone under the car to be extra sure.   I've been reading more forums and a similar thread (resistance/sticking

Woah!  Never use DOT5 brake fluid in the Lotus (brakes or clutch) the DOT5 fluid is silicone, and will froth and become more compressible.  It also won't absorb moisture, which can lead to pockets of

Quick update from Captain Hindsight (yours truly) - I discovered why my piston felt so rough at the end of travel - the internals of the slave were corroded to hell. It had been fitted without any red