Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Black car ? Try this - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Black car ? Try this

For my Birthday I was given a detailing kit - "Black Box" by Turtle wax.

On Sunday, as a fathers day treat, I was able to spend 6 hours trying it out on my black Dry Sump Esprit.

I was very very impressed with the results. I have previously used an expensive Swissvax wax on the car and perhaps it's the combination of the two but I have to say that I was genuinely taken a back by the finish.

I think mine was bought for c£25 at Halfrauds but fleabay have them quite a bit cheaper.. 

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/220688753370?var=lv&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=66

I'd really recommend this if you have a black car. Only things to watch out for are that it will take about 6 hours plus standing back and admiring time AND wear some latex gloves.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Where can I buy 24 hours - I have 4 metallic black cars.....Even my laptop matches the Esprit black  ;) The weird thing is none of this was planned, they were all random purchases which happen to be black.

Seriously though, this looks like a good investment if it really works. Thanks for the tip, off to eBay now......

Edited by hedgerley

• Gold FFM

And more importantly Bazza - where's the pictures of the shining car then! ;)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Ian

All in good time. It doesn't move under it's own steam as yet - I suspect it is going to be an expensive trip to Gerald at GST 

Meanwhile I'm having loads of fun doing the (few) bits that I can do like making it sparkle. :thumbsup:

If I find the time I'd like to get the wheels refurbished this summer.

If only I had the skill and time with the spanners it would be a fantastic project.

• Gold FFM

Very nice Barrie. Carcoon looks well sorted as well. :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Just tried this. Quite impressed.

Difference from most similar products is that all of the liquids used are black, so no issues with white residues left in crevices. Even the detailing spray is black.

Did my whole car, including an all over claying but the cleanser was pretty much as good as my clay bar.

The wax buffs off with relative ease so I dont have aching arms! Even the stone chips that have appears at the front of the sills are almost unnoticeable - presumably due to product build up.

Remains to be seen how long it all lasts but its got my paint looking the best I have had it so far.

Thanks for the tip Barrie. I'm off to try it on my wife's white S-Max now......

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Some pics - difficult to image a black car - just get reflections but I guess thats the point?!

IMG_7205_zps087ad711.jpg

IMG_7208_zps5c916953.jpg

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

hmm the kit works great... because the results of that kit are awesome, the car's body is shining like its new buy. anyhow thanks for sharing the photos.. I love you car and this detailing kit.. Thanks for sharing the before and after photos. 

MIne is on its way. I'll be doing the wife's SLK first and see how I get on. Assuming the results are good I'll do the Esprit and the Volvo. No doubt my daughter will want her Corsa doing as well.......

Barrie,

Not the white one :-). 348 is black and has a few marks so will be a good proving ground.

Hedge,

You have 4 black cars?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Hedge,

You have 4 black cars?

Trevor.

Yep. As I said, the were totally random except the Corsa I bought for my daughter - she actually chose black!

Here's three of them. The SLK was my wife's 50th birthday present, a total surprise. She had no idea.....

IMG_5783.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

Edited by hedgerley