free hit
counters
Rear 1/4 light trim pannels recover - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mdw

Rear 1/4 light trim pannels recover

I decided to recover the 2 rear 1/4 light trim panels  using some of the spare carpet I had left over. The sewing machine only just did 2 thickness of carpet but seems to look ok.  Carpet and binding came from Woolies.

This was the better of the 2 as the r/h one had gone through near the window.  Combination of sun and oil from tools sitting on it. 

post-1261-0-78146500-1371712374.jpg

post-1261-0-06408900-1371712387.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looking good, I'm looking to do mine in some blue leather that I have spare, I'm also thinking of debossing the lotus logo onto them. What glue did you use?

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/High_Temperature_Contact_Adhesive_1Ltr_ADHCON from CBS at £11.40 a tin.   Once properly fixed its a nightmare to get off.  There is a stiched seam in the corner that you will need to do to allow it to curve around properly although with leather it might work without.

Nice work.  I did the same to mine a few weeks ago.  Trouble is that it makes the bulkhead carpet look terrible now, and that's probably a pretty grim job to tackle...

Trouble is that it makes the bulkhead carpet look terrible now, and that's probably a pretty grim job to tackle...

yes I agree.  Although if its only faded I seem to remember frost do a  product that's a black dye for reviving coloured carpet  type material.  Mask it up and spray on. http://www.frost.co.uk/interior-trim/vht-penetrating-colour-dye-325ml-aerosol.html