free hit
counters
URGENT - S1 Orange Carpet Needed - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GordonMasson

URGENT - S1 Orange Carpet Needed

After 6 years down at Hethel, I got the S1 back again last month.

Mechanically its looking good. Its got the prototype springs and dampers on it and various other items that were trialled on the car during its time there.

Unfortunately, the body work and temporary S2  leather interior have not faired so well and the car really deserves a makeover. 

My original plan was to do a full restoration and have a fantastic "Fulture" re-trim but unfortunately due to a change in circumstances, I can not afford to do that any more.

So, I have been talking to a local upholsterer who is going to do a re-trim to match the original as closely as possible but we have hit a show stopper on the orange carpet.

Does anyone out there have some of the orange carpet that they would be prepared to sell?

The car will be on show at the Lotus Festival this year. The red / green trim will be done but it would be great to have the correct carpet to finish things off.

I have owned 100G for 30 years now and would love to see it look the way it left the factory.

When i bought it the interior was already in a very poor state and the carpets were totally shot but i took them out of the car and found them the other day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ack! They are a tad ordinary aren't they?

They should be easy to cut with those patterns, good work.

Saw this on ebay the other day, says he can do anything and is currently doing quite a few Lotus'

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elan-S1-S2-S3-S4-S5-Plus-2-Elite-Europa-Excel-Esprit-Carpet-Set-NEW-/251271631190?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a80f4d156#ht_722wt_1073

Regards

Mark

PS Can I be cheaky and ask how much the re trim was... :-)

HI folks

Really struggling here to source an orange carpet.

I have had a few samples but they are not right and i really dont want to go to the expense and effort in getting the carpet replaced if its not the right colour.

Can anyone here help me to get the right carpet for the car ......Please !

Hi Gordon

I am in the same position as you, my car is being painted in 3 weeks so will need carpets done, as you have the patterns we could reduce the cost if other members want a set made, I did have some samples a few years back but can't remember where they are, I will search for them to see if they were any good.

Have you sourced the Tartan ok?

Glad you got the car back by the way and at least you have a great suspension set up now.

Cheers

Dave