Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
EVORA S NOW WITH KOMO-TEC - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

EVORA S NOW WITH KOMO-TEC

anubis1

I was at Komo-Tec in Germany and they did a good work. They know what they do, so no bla bla...

After one day my Evora S IPS was settled. 

Driving: good... there is more feeling from the car to the driver and it is worth for everybody to think about to do it also. Even the IPS goes better now. What a car, what a pleasure.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

so you installed the 390PS kit? I believet have done manuals only up to now?

Is the 400+ (already available for the exige v6) applicable for the Evora S (I think esp TBD would be interested... :welcome: )

Edited by Snoopy1969

Any change in top speed?

Had mine on the Autobahn today (early morning so completely empty, 15C air temperature and dry) and got up to 290 km/h. 5th gear first gear change light blinking, so maybe somebody can work out the real speed, it felt fast anyway. Shifting to 6th isn't changing speed, but believe the KomoTec kit would get it over 300. I'm definitely interested but moving houses came into my way this year.

Also tell us about the sound, assume it has improved with the new headers.

I've repeatedly measured around 291 kph through GPS with the KomoTec Stage 1. Indicated top speed is the about 300 kph.

The added power brings a bit, but not That much.

BTW according to Lotus specs the IPS seems to be speed limited.

Edited by TBD

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

On my way back home form the Komo guys, there was too much traffic to go to top-speed... or try to. Anyhow, I did it not on top speed target; we are limited in Switzerland. They put in the 395 HP kit. 

The big difference is the feeling. Compare it with your car unwaxed and waxed. If you go with your fingertips over a fresh waxed car it looks the same but it is not.

The connection to the throttle is smoother and more agile. Furtheron the engine turns up like an elastic band, so you have to shift quickly before the warning lights turn on. I compare it with a launch effect when you accellerate, and it goes easy so you feel as you are the quickest in the world. (emotionally). It nears to the F1 shifting when transmitted on TV from the drivers cockpit. 1/2/3/4 it goes so quickly. Also the downshifting, accompained by an enormous sound from the exhaust. 

The Sound: it improves really, especially in sport modus. there are different sounds coming throu depending how I use throttle. Rolling downhill it reminds me a bit to an artillery ambiance, One shot by the other in differnet tunes... it is really "dirty without beeing agressive".

Komo guys recommended me 98 octane fuel. 

The IPS: I was not fully satisfied with the IPS. Sometimes it shifts smoothly, sometimes it is jolting. Komo Daniel told me, that the transmission should take profit form the update also by learning while driving. So... I am improving. The IPS goes better, but still is not 1A. I give some learningtime to the system. 

Summary:  good and engaged people at Komo, no surprises by unfitting parts, schedule held, car improves really feelable and not only on the paper, hard to explain, because it is not changing haircolor from blonde to brunette, Maybe it is comparing a Pizza on the railwaystationcorner with the same pizza in a real italian restaurant in Venice by the sea. (I am getting phoetic... sorry) but explain something in words which is not impalpable. Price is ok, updates can be transmitted by internet form Komo if necessary. 

So I am happy with it and can recommend it from my point of view absolutely with no regret. It is an upgrade for the car with substance and not only noise.

Thank you for the detailed feedback, Ritchie. It seems like a really worthwhile improvement on your IPS. You did seem very slightly disappointed by your new car in terms of the fun it was giving you. The Komo-Tec upgrade seems to have changed that  :)

Komo-Tec looks like a better 'investment' on the S than on N/A in terms of the power hike it gives you.

Although with 300 bhp, the N/A - according to the dyno tests published on their website - is up by more than 30 bhp on the standard car, and the torque gains seem even more substantial. Considering there are no mechanical changes to the engine itself, this is quite good.

I'm rather tempted ...

>TBD

291 km/h is pretty good, considering they claim 277 as standard, and at those speeds, each km gained is an achievement. 

Edited by Anthony27

Maybe due to the changes in MY 12 (esp exhaust?) -....but that could not justify 10 km/h I think

More likely they just tested at a lower ambient temperature. The S does lose power cnsiderably at higher ouside temperatures. It should have an intercooler.

BTW, we Germans are probably the only ones on here who will ever get anywhere near these top speeds. :harhar:

Edited by TBD

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

More likely they just tested at a lower ambient temperature. The S does lose power cnsiderably at higher ouside temperatures. It should have an intercooler.

BTW, we Germans are probably the only ones on here who will ever get anywhere near these ........

:welcome:  :welcome:  :welcome:  

;)

> we Germans are probably the only ones on here who will ever get anywhere near these top speeds

Or the residents of neighbouring countries

I have been known to drive up to the border just for a run on the Autobahn... ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

The acceleration is better. The right foot has more "connection" to the throttle. As I do not all accelerate like hell to dominate any others, for me its not an aspect. Basically: the car fells straighter, its more one on one to the driver from the engine side. Hard to explain. It is NOT the hammer (like a Turbo implentation) but... lets say: it feels like a wire after being treated with WD40...

I think they do ship to UK, in the US they work together with Kold-Fire.

Best is to give Daniel at KomoTec a call: +49  2652 989536 

Edited by TBD

No sedgeway, and not crossing alps by train... no.. just drove on the Swiss and italian Highway with ordinary traffic and no speed excess. By the way: I dont see any consumption difference between normal and Sportmodus. 

That is reeaally good for an S.

I could probably get that from my NA in motorway driving only, but in theory only. I like the thrill of the occasional pedal to the metal too much :)

Perhaps the autobox helps too for that type of driving.

No sedgeway, and not crossing alps by train... no.. just drove on the Swiss and italian Highway with ordinary traffic and no speed excess. By the way: I dont see any consumption difference between normal and Sportmodus. 

We all know the Swiss are a bit slower than the rest of us. :unworthy: Are you by any chance from Bern?

I am not from Bern... not at all. And the mental slowness of us must not be in correlation with the speed. Maybe it is how I used the engine while it was new. As I grow up with italian cars I know a bit how to handle a new engine to bring it slowly (not from Bern again) to its top. I remember the rule: one cold start uses the engine as 500 KM driven. But... I am just guessing.

• Like 1