free hit
counters
BT, they are one letter out, should be BU - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
andydclements

BT, they are one letter out, should be BU

I send in a complaint about their email product, the new Yahoo mail. The complaint was that I've been forcibly migrated form something that worked and had reasonable features to something that works for what it does but has less features that I need.

The response I've got back as asking for account details to investigate the fault. They are so stupid they cannot even understand it's functioning the way the useless F Wits designed it to, but it's useless.

Why do so many complaint departments not even attempt to address the complaint the first time? Do they honestly think it saves them time by putting a response out that is an approximate as accurate to the issue as could be expected if they employed Alsatians*

* IIRC, average IQ of an Alsatian aka German Shepherd is 70.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hahahah I know what you mean Andy. I had 2 companies get my goat yesterday.

1,  About a week ago I bought something from Argos and clicked the boxes for Do not contact me with offers etc. So yesterday I get an email from Argos saying "we noticed you have chosen not to be kept up to date with our special offers...are you sure you don't want to?" So what part of do not contact me is that?

2, Get a letter from my bank saying a transaction I made was with a company Visa have found have had their card handling compromised and I should cancel my card and get a new one and pin. So thats fine with me, don't want to have my card cloned again. Letter goes on the transaction was between end of Feb and beginning of March. So thats 3 months ago!! If someone had my details surely they would have scammed my account by now!! Just seems a ridiculously long time to work it out to me!!

I think Bibs had the best idea when he had an issue with a holiday company. For those (Andy) who are not on facebook he wrote his grievance on their company wall. Ok I think they deleted it to start but he kept writing and asking why they would delete his messages. Good thing is all your friends get to see so it doesn't look good for the company.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Same day MBNA Pi**ed me off,

I have specifically selected how I wish to be contacted and they keep sending "service " message emails, now they've decided they can send Terms & Conditions updates by email. If I have to I'll take the f***ers to the FSO just to cost them the £50 each case costs them. As I have an Amazon card and a MBNA branded card that will be two separate FSO cases, so £100.

• Like 1

I have had an MBNA card for many years - until this week when I told them what they can do with their card. I have had a Zero balance on this credit card for three months. Because I knew I had a zero balance since I cleared it 3 months ago I hadn't even opened my last two balance statements. I had an email this week (thought it was the usual phishing email) that we all get every week but phoned them up to enquire. It turns out 3 months ago that my Business website provider had it's annual £25 payment given to them on this card which it does automatically each year. Whilst I had forgotten this and then not paid the minimum payment (whatever that is on a balance of £25) they charged me another £25 for non payment. Then another month later (because I didn't open my statement) again another £25 for non payment! So now I get the email from them saying I have defaulted!

Whilst I totally agree it it my fault for just assuming I had a zero balance when in fact it was £25 debit, the upshot is they are now owed £75 and that will also show up as a negative on any credit score I guess.

My point with them on the phone was you've sent me this email telling me non payment for over two months after imposing £50 in late payment charges. Why could you not email after just 1 month saying you have missed a payment? And before it goes to default status?

Upshot - paid them £75 whilst on the phone to them and told them to close the account post haste!

My fault Totally agree but sending a automated email to me earlier would have saved me money, and a default, and they would still have a customer.

All for the sake of just £25!!!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

.... For those (Andy) who are not on facebook he wrote his grievance on their company wall. .....

I assume this means ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IIAdHEwiAy8

One has to be very careful when closing credit card accounts. They won't close them if any sum remains outstanding, either way...if you owe them 1p..or they owe you 1p...the account remains open. Even when the account is empty, the card will not be cancelled until you instruct the company to do so. This can lead to all sorts of hassles. My old chum Bonzo, having sold his house in Kingston and moved to his late parent's place in Fordingbridge, had paid off all he owed on his credit cards...and assumed this meant the cards had been closed and cancelled. Some years later, the bailiff arrived at his new address and wanted to seize property to the value of several thousand pounds, for his unpaid credit card debts!!!! Turned out that the credit card companies, on the expiry of his cards, had sent out new ones to the address they had on file....his old one. The new incumbent had seized upon them happily, signed them himself and then gone on a spending spree.....thus, in due course, bringing the bailiffs to Bonzo's door!! In the end, the miscreant got his collar felt and all was well for Mr.B...but it was a salutary experience.

I've had problems paying off credit cards, too....most of them were happy to accept a payment from a debit card to cover the exact amount owed and then cancel the card...but one of them would not accept any kind of card payment, so I ended up havng to add them as a payment to my internet banking account and then transfer money that way. I also had to ensure that the account was fully paid off, by overpaying and instructing the company to donate any excess, at the moment they did the final process, to the RAF Benevolent Fund. Worked in the end....now I have one credit card, kept in case of emergencies, which I use every couple of years to ensure it doesn't get cancelled!! 

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I had a Sainsburys' Bank credit card that was subject to fraud, all reported, investigated etc, new card issued and used for a few years. When I finally closed the card nothing was said until I happened to request a credit bureau report and found they'd lodged it as closed in default with the value of the fraud as the defaulted amount. That caused me to get a little annoyed.