free hit
counters
S4 mirror held togther with silicon/Part needed. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
espritmania

S4 mirror held togther with silicon/Part needed.

Hi,one of my things to do list was to investigate my rubbery door mirror.To my amazement ,when I dismantled it ,the broken arm was siliconed back in .I've seen them with screws in but this has to be a first.Therefore I am after this bit.Can I get it brand new or where to look for a secondhand bit,cheers. 

Edited by espritmania
  • Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have you not got a parts manual? It's insanity not to, especially when you can get one from here as part of being an FFM.

Would the parts list individual mirror components or just the whole mirror??

my parts manual has the bulk of the mirror as an assembly, glass and all the mounting bits are all separate bits. 

Paul - going up into the loft to have a dig about for you.

will email you

Thanks.Don't stay in the loft too long.It's gonna be mighty hot up there.

Sorry to be a pain,but can you see if you have the large black washer,mine is beyond repair.

Edited by espritmania

Paul,

You may not have seen my reply to your question on Pistonheads, but if you google "retroviseur cx electrique" you'll see that there are a few second hand mirrors on le Ebay and also a company called Auto Prestige is offering a pair of brand new manual mirrors for €100. It can't be too difficult to transfer the positioning mechanism across, can it?

HTH

Edited by Zulu10

A big thanks to Pitstoppete,who had the mirror body and helped me out.Cheers Paul.

A big thanks to Pitstoppete,who had the mirror body and helped me out.Cheers Paul.

hope it arrived safely and you found the plastic washer too tucked in the packet.

• Like 1

Thanks ,yes it got there yesterday and no I didn't spot the washer.I have now.I now realize that i need another part.The black cover that hides the swivel part of the mirror is partially broken.Does anybody know where I can get this part.Again thanks Pete.