free hit
counters
Door frames, seals etc - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mdw

Door frames, seals etc

I am fitting new frames and seals ( glass and aperture) to the doors.  How good can they be got or is the best you can expect that the door closes and the windows go up and down.  I fitted the new seals without the frames first and they take a hell of a slam to close fully.  I assume they will compress with age. I am using the original top of frame seals.

Is there a list for bolting it together to get the best fit anywhere?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi, I have to replace my drivers door frame.  I got a good scrap one.  I tried it once before to get the window to move a bit better and did not get very far.

I spoke to some people at the NEC classic car show who went through how to do the door and everything.  Seems like a nightmare with shims on the window frame and minor adjustments on beam, door skin etc etc.  When I do it am expecting a whole weekend for one door to get it right. Anything better than that and I will be pleased.

Unfortunately do not have any written instructions. sorry

Phil

At some point in time I was going to get around to fitting the 'secondary' door seals that sit in the bead of the door-window frame.

They compress nicely when closed making a perfect seal which also reduces wind noise.